It's mid January already!!
Eli is cracking me up these days.
Actually, he always has, but lately, he's gotten even funnier.
Actually, he always has, but lately, he's gotten even funnier.
Sometimes he'll crawl up to me while I'm sitting by him on the floor, climb into my lap, and forcefully plant one big, wet, kiss on my mouth. It's absolutely adorable. He is getting better and better at standing all alone!! Once we let go, he'll stand there, and then very slowly squat to sit down. It's pretty adorable to watch him test his limits.
Life has been so busy, but so enjoyable lately.
I feel at peace right where we are.
We have been planning youth fundraisers, events, and more. There are some potential opportunities in the near future so we have been in serious prayer for these things. We are trusting in his greater plan and know that he will bring us to the things that he wants us in.
Just some things on my mind... We, as everyone, would love a house. I want to be in a home that I can paint and put curtains in... and enjoy the luxuries of a guest room from. BUT. All in the right timing. I'm learning patience, and putting my wants in a different category from my needs. I recently put this picture in my kitchen:
It's a picture of our old street sign. Where we lived in our teeny tiny one bedroom, Trevecca Apartment with no central air, no dishwasher, and no pantry. It makes me remember our bathroom with a stained shower and walls that had big gobs of dust which were painted over before we moved in. Complete with our brownish carpet which was supposed to be tan, and the stench that filled the hallway to our apartment. It was home... and it was absolutely wonderful. But it makes where we are, a mansion!
It's my reminder of where we were, what we had, and how God continues to provide for our NEEDS.
After all, we have MORE than enough. and we are so INCREDIBLY thankful.
Other Eli-isms:
He says: Momma, Dada, Ba-ba, and keekee (kitty kitty) :)
He is teething, AGAIN. Poor thing! He has eight teeth already, and we think he's getting two more.
He loves bits of bread, most baby foods besides the meats.
He loves kiwi, puffs, Cherrios, and potatoes.
He loves kiwi, puffs, Cherrios, and potatoes.
We listen to a lot of music during the day and he sits and claps his hands to it.
He "drums" on absolutely everything... including us.
He is wearing 12 month clothes and still in a size 3 diaper.
Every pair of pants that fits his waist, are too long. I think I'll be doing some hemming!
Peek-a-boo is still a favorite of his too.
xoxo
PS. Eli and I are going to California in ELEVEN days. I'll write about it soon.



I just found your blog through Instagram. I have a little Eli too! He's a little younger than yours, 2 1/2 months. Love the idea of taking a photo of your street sign.
ReplyDelete