Let's see. The last two weeks of January flew by as I was packing and anticipating our trip to California. Eli and I went out for Namma and Papa's 50th Anniversary and also for Mom and Dad's 25th. We went from February 1st-11th. It was a great trip (once we
finally got there) and we were able to see lots of family!! Eli hadn't seen everyone since he was two months old and hadn't met Dad's side of the family yet! We also were able to throw a little dessert party for Mom and Dad's Anniversary too!
Namma and Papa
Mom and Dad
The Candy/ Wedding Album Table
Desserts!
So back to the (once we got there): I booked my flight out of New Orleans (a two hour drive) so I could get a direct flight... plus it was over $100 cheaper. Totally worth it. Zach drove us, and when we got there, my flight was delayed two hours. So I told him he could head home and Eli and I would just hang out at our gate. We sat... and sat... and sat. and after a while our gate was pretty empty. I decided to go check the screen to make sure it wasn't delayed even later. Low and behold... CANCELED. So Eli, our huge carryon purse-bag, Aubie the Pillow Pet, and I went running through the airport, back to check-in to find out the details. They told us the last flight out had just left and that we would have to sleep in a hotel: I cried. We booked it. And off we went with our absurd amount of belongings, no cash, no ATM in sight, and headed to the shuttle to get to our hotel. Thankfully they were able to bring us a crib, complementary room service via United, and a diet coke to save the day. Eli was in heaven with new things to explore and was happy for the night! We left the hotel at 4am and headed back to the airport to arrive safely in LA by 10ish... Needless to say, it ended up not being a direct flight after all. The bright side: We got there safely!

It was all definitely worth it though. Eli had several
firsts while we were there. He stood alone for the first time at Auntie Areen's and Uncle Madgy's house! We got it on video and were able to Facetime for Zach to see. While we were there he also started "clicking his tongue" and hasn't stopped since, grew a new love for banana's, ate an In-N-Out french fry.. or three, and developed what my Dad calls, "Mommy anxiety," and started crying every time I left the room.
Bananas
First French Fry (In-N-Out)
This sweet worker held Eli for his First Pic here.
Nona & Opa.
with Mama too!
Ready for the Anniversary Party
Cousins! We hadn't seen each other for years!
Wyatt!
Napping with Grandpa after a walk outside.
The Bare Cousins :)
Grandpa's beard was his favorite.
Patty Cake with Grammy
Loving on Auntie Joelle & Uncle Jim :)
We visited Uncle Magdy, Auntie Areen, Jason and Kevin.
Four Generations!
Waiting for our flight home...
It was sad to leave all our family but also so good to get home to Zach after ten days!
As soon as we got back the schedule was back into full swing. We had a Dessert Auction the next day for the teens for TNT @ TNU after church, Eli got his first haircut*, we went to Montgomery for quizzing, had a Valentine's Movie night, Zach and I went on a romantic belated Valentine's Dinner out, and we went to Dothan, AL for a fun weekend with their youth group!
Reunited :)
He slept FOURTEEN hours straight after we got home. Record!
** He couldn't have been better for his first haircut. He was so excited to sit in the chair. Probably because he always plays around it (it's his favorite.) He pretty much laughed the whole time. We used clippers and all to spruce up his little mohawk. He's a pretty cool kid if I must say so myself :)
First Haircut!!
Valentine's Day
Our little comedian.
Mardi Gras- Fat Tuesday and Dad was off work.
We adore him.
xoxo
At church in Dothan during our visit...
doesn't he just look great with two? ;)
Comments
Post a Comment