Year Twenty Four
I think it's safe to say I took a break from blogging completely.
I never did so intentionally. I still think about blogging regularly. It's one of those things that crosses my mind and I say to myself, "oh, I definitely need to write this down." Once I mentally publish that thought, it's as if I cross it off a list and I consider it done. No typing, no publishing, no permanence.
Tomorrow is my birthday. I have decided that it makes a lot more sense to commit to personal goals on my birthday than it does to do so on New Year's Eve. The first of the year comes and goes and let's be honest, we're only worried about putting away Christmas decorations, sending thank you notes, if we are committed enough, and deep cleaning our houses. A new resolution often gets lost in all of that and covered up in leftover Christmas cookies. This year I'm going to save my goals for my birthday. I feel like I have more time to focus on what I really want to change in the next year.
This year, year twenty-four. I have two main goals. I want to blog more regularly. I'm not going to get crazy and say how often or how long, but seriously... I went a whole YEAR without blogging. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that. I have lots of catching up to do for the past year. My second goal is to read my kids more books. We read every day. At their nap time they each read quietly in their own beds. I have found that it helps them calm down, and they really do enjoy being able to study each page as long as they would like without having the other one interrupt. I hope teaching them to love this time at such a young age helps them to love it even more as they grow. Then at bedtime, either Zach or I read them a book or two of their choice. I want to start bedtime a little earlier and read at least three books. I want to take the time to do so, which is why we'll start bedtime earlier, so we don't feel so rushed to get finished so we can get to sleep. Two things that I see as manageable and definitely good habits to begin!
xoxo
I never did so intentionally. I still think about blogging regularly. It's one of those things that crosses my mind and I say to myself, "oh, I definitely need to write this down." Once I mentally publish that thought, it's as if I cross it off a list and I consider it done. No typing, no publishing, no permanence.
Tomorrow is my birthday. I have decided that it makes a lot more sense to commit to personal goals on my birthday than it does to do so on New Year's Eve. The first of the year comes and goes and let's be honest, we're only worried about putting away Christmas decorations, sending thank you notes, if we are committed enough, and deep cleaning our houses. A new resolution often gets lost in all of that and covered up in leftover Christmas cookies. This year I'm going to save my goals for my birthday. I feel like I have more time to focus on what I really want to change in the next year.
This year, year twenty-four. I have two main goals. I want to blog more regularly. I'm not going to get crazy and say how often or how long, but seriously... I went a whole YEAR without blogging. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that. I have lots of catching up to do for the past year. My second goal is to read my kids more books. We read every day. At their nap time they each read quietly in their own beds. I have found that it helps them calm down, and they really do enjoy being able to study each page as long as they would like without having the other one interrupt. I hope teaching them to love this time at such a young age helps them to love it even more as they grow. Then at bedtime, either Zach or I read them a book or two of their choice. I want to start bedtime a little earlier and read at least three books. I want to take the time to do so, which is why we'll start bedtime earlier, so we don't feel so rushed to get finished so we can get to sleep. Two things that I see as manageable and definitely good habits to begin!
xoxo

Comments
Post a Comment