Lately...


It's cold in the living room, as usual. Which is so much more enjoyable when you're in the cozy bed. But I have a blanket, and the water for my hot chocolate is heating up in the kettle on the stove. Eli woke up just before 2:00am for a bottle and didn't let me lay him back down until 3:00. He was up again before Zach left for work and I could tell it wouldn't be for long. I just laid him back down and I'm guessing he'll sleep for a few more hours. Sometimes this schedule wears me out so badly that I literally think death is in sight, but I remind myself that one day... ONEEEE DAYYYY, I'll wish he would wake me up in the night every once in a while, or ask me to hold him. After all, I know the schedule around here is about to take place on a whole new level in January/February. Let's just all collectively pray that Eli starts sleeping better before then!
Yesterday he was being even extra funnier than usual. I feel like a new, hysterical personality has risen out of no where and he truly tries to make us laugh! It's so entertaining. He was being extra sweet, cuddling with me, giving me Eskimo kisses and giggling away, when it hit me... He is becoming my oldest instead of my baby. I immediately teared up and for the first time began to think about the transition that will take place in the hospital for the both of us. I've been thinking about how he'll become a big brother, and how we'll have a new addition and all, but it literally hasn't occurred to be that he will no longer be the baby. I can only imagine what that moment of first seeing him after his little brother or sister is born will be like. Emotional, I know. Life is such a blessing. Such an unexplainable amazement. These little moments are just so special.

** Let's play catch up **

So, a little over two weeks ago, Eli and I drove two girls from our youth group to Nashville for a Youth Conference, and Eli and I were able to stay with mom and dad for the week. It had been too long since we had really spent time with them! We had a lot of fun visiting, and just enjoying Nashville. While we were there, mom tried to teach Eli to say, "up" when he wanted on the couch, and to sign "more" and "please." Before we left he was doing all three AND saying, "tish" for goldfish! 14-15 months have been very eventful! Once we returned home, he started dancing when we say, "get low," or "just dance." He also does the strangest face when we say, "surprise!" What a ham! He also experienced his first teen camp this past weekend. He slept through several services and did well for the most part... we came home the tired ones I think :)
Just the other day we went to his twelve month doctor's appointment (very belated) and found out he is in the 90th percentile for his height and the 50th for his weight, so he's long & lean the doctor said. He also got four shots (my very least favorite part) and everything looked good. Before we know it we'll be at his two year appointment... time flies!
Baby No. 2 is doing well! I am almost 10 weeks (on Sunday) and still feeling good. He or She is the size of a prune! Nausea only hits if I'm really hungry and sometimes in the late afternoon, but I haven't been sick, so I am really thankful for that. I have this feeling deep down that we're having a girl. I'm not convinced, but it's just a sense. We'll find out in six weeks!! I crave fruits and sweet things for the most part, but nothing really strange yet. Barbecue sounds good most days and veggies not so much, but salad is still wanted... so who knows! My next appointment is in a few days on July 12th.
Until then... xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts