then verses now.
Some days I miss being selfish. I miss sleeping in on Saturdays with my love until 2pm just because we could. I miss going out for coffee and finding ourselves wrapped up in conversation for hours at a time. I miss writing in my journal and sketching in the sun. I miss making my lunch and eating it while it was still hot. I miss long bubble baths without rubber duckies and floating sippy cups. I miss cleaning house and watching it stay clean for at least a week. I miss jumping in the car last minute for a spontaneous plan.
But more than that...
I love hearing "mama" as I am followed like a duck throughout the house. I love explaining that my coffee is "hotttttt" even though it's most likely cold by now. I love counting fingers and toes over and over on demand. I love recognizing the fact that I have a nose, eyes, chin, cheeks, ears, and head every morning as he points to each one ten million times. I love the appreciation Zach and I have for our little amounts of time alone, and that a car ride alone can be considered a date. I love that I receive ten thousand kisses a day from my little man. I love cleaning up his little messes of toys and books because boy, is he creative. I love hearing his new words and noises that are made up daily. I love that we're not only a couple but we are a family. I love that he points to my belly and calls it a "day-dee" because he can't say baby yet. I love that I can stay home to capture every moment of this oh, so short time we truly have with him as a little boy. I love that even though it wasn't our plan, I am a young mama and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love that no matter how crazy, and hectic a day may be, at the end of it I am holding him in my arms, confident that the day was totally worth it.
But more than that...
I love hearing "mama" as I am followed like a duck throughout the house. I love explaining that my coffee is "hotttttt" even though it's most likely cold by now. I love counting fingers and toes over and over on demand. I love recognizing the fact that I have a nose, eyes, chin, cheeks, ears, and head every morning as he points to each one ten million times. I love the appreciation Zach and I have for our little amounts of time alone, and that a car ride alone can be considered a date. I love that I receive ten thousand kisses a day from my little man. I love cleaning up his little messes of toys and books because boy, is he creative. I love hearing his new words and noises that are made up daily. I love that we're not only a couple but we are a family. I love that he points to my belly and calls it a "day-dee" because he can't say baby yet. I love that I can stay home to capture every moment of this oh, so short time we truly have with him as a little boy. I love that even though it wasn't our plan, I am a young mama and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love that no matter how crazy, and hectic a day may be, at the end of it I am holding him in my arms, confident that the day was totally worth it.

Comments
Post a Comment