Feeling: Pregnant

I officially decided to start this blog on October 14th at 4:43 pm. I knew this because I had an awful day, I actually considered it a catastrophe at the time and wrote my very first entry while sitting in my car. I wrote on the back of an old Beauty School test that I found in my backseat (the only paper I could find) because I felt it very necessary to write about my day while I was experiencing it. It's always juicier that way:


"I'm sitting in the Chick-Fil-A parking lot (which isn't a big surprise in this time of my life) crying over my side salad, which consists of no broccoli, tomato, or cheese (those are very puke-worthy food items) and my eight piece chicken nugget. Yes, I said crying, I have turned into THAT; the pregnant lunatic that cries uncontrollably for the silliest of reasons. Except this time it's not silly; I will tell you how I ended up here. I was having a good day at school, and the day was coming to an end. A woman that goes to school with me (who is always so friendly and sweet) came to stand in front of the table I was sitting at. I could see pincher-claws coming at me in slow motion... she proceeded to get entirely too close as she laid her hand on my cheeks, and pinched! As she did she said these dreadful words with the utmost enthusiasm, "Oh honey, you're getting the chubby pregnant mama face, it's getting all full and cute!"What part of the word "chubby" could possibly be associated with the word, "cute," especially when we're talking about my face?!? I am pretty sure I had the most ridiculous sour face because at that moment she sparked something in me. Something that wouldn't fully erupt until I walked out of the building and got into my car. Meet: the teary lunatic. When I got in the car, my hunger pains were out of control. Yes, I had eaten lunch, but of course, as we all know, eating every six hours just isn't a thought anymore. With "chubby face" leading the way, we knew we needed something semi-healthy. Of course, the good ol' Chick-Fil-A was the next stop. After going through the drive through, I parked my car to eat and immediately called Zach. I couldn't help but cry as I told him about my day, I ate my meal, and felt a little better. One thing is for sure, three and a half months into this game, and for the first time, I officially feel pregnant."


Reading this over again, only 4 days later, it is actually a little funny. It definitely makes you appreciate the compliments and embrace feeling good! I am so loving being a future mommy. I find myself singing to baby every time I am in the car. I cradle my stomach with my arms because I just can't wait to hold him/her. It's all so exciting! For a little update.. the current cravings: sour candy (especially Shockers) and salad with ranch. I could eat salad for breakfast. Also, we're still waiting to find out the baby's sex until he or she is born!

I can't wait for this :)

Comments

Popular Posts