Smitten
Last night my boyfriend for life took me on a date. We went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner, grabbed ice cream, and went to a movie. It was the perfect date! We saw "Life as we Know It." It's about two people that gain custody of their goddaughter, Sophie, after their best friends die in a car accident. The funny thing is they aren't a couple and definitely don't get along the greatest, but they go through the struggle to the best of their ability for their goddaughter. Holly, played by Kathrine Heigl, struggles with the shock of "motherhood" much earlier than she would have planned and does an amazing job at portraying her character. Throughout the movie Sophie (the baby) is learning small words and Holly tries to teach her to say "Holly." There is a part when they are sitting on the bed and Sophie looks up to Holly and says, "mama." Can I say TEARS! For some reason that moment got me because throughout the movie the focus is on how Holly and Eric are caring for their best friends' daughter, but then the perspective changes and you realize they are becoming her parents. I just watched and thought, I am going to be a mom. Not only am I pregnant/ having a baby/ expecting/ etc. etc. but we are preparing to be parents. We are going to be mom and dad. That's crazy! Zach and I looked at each other at the same exact moment with tears filling our eyes and I lost it. Needless to say, you need to say this movie! It was definitely a moment for us; one of those that seems so simple but just changed things. Definitely in a good way :)


Comments
Post a Comment