Dedication, Father's Day, Etc.
I say it every time, but I really can't believe how fast time is flying.
The coos and if I might say, adorable noises are in full swing and we really can not get enough.
We had Eli dedicated on June 12th! It was a very sweet time. We were able to have both sets of parents and some of our best friends Jordan, Blake & Lindsey, and Blake's parents/our family friends Mark and Janice there too. It was a great day as we all spent the afternoon at Mom and Dad's after church. It really is amazing to think Zach and I have been given the privilege of raising up this little boy who is not our own, but his. He always has been and always will be. We just have the amazing opportunity to love him to death through it all.
Today we are celebrating Father's Day! It's been so fun to watch Zach enjoy being recognized as "Dad" to Eli and to also spend it with my Dad too. We enjoyed a great service, good food, gifts, and a relaxing afternoon together.
Just a few things as of lately:
Eli has continued to sleep longer through the nights... praise! He hasn't done eight hours again, but is sleeping at least five straight through; sometimes even seven! It makes the days so much easier for sure.
I have realized that I have learned to be a little less dependent on planning and gained a more "go with the flow" attitude. I was talking to Zach this morning and I never realized I did this before, but I would think about an upcoming day or event and talk it up in my mind, creating expectations that were never guaranteed to follow through. Since having him I really enjoy the present, and find myself being much more "flexible-minded." Ex: when Eli graces us with his screaming voice just before leaving somewhere, we don't always get out the door when we had originally planned, therefore errands don't always get finished or in some case even started. Worst case, there's always tomorrow!
Things with our move are continuing to be put into place, because nothing just "falls into place, right?" I know it's all intentional; part of a greater plan. We have filled out our apartment application, paid some fees, and are just waiting on the official "acceptance." Our moving truck is also reserved and we are making the move on July 29th! I had my first official "breakdown" about leaving. I think it was a good thing, and definitely a good chance for Zach and I to talk about everything. Realizing I will not only be leaving family, but my best friend along with other friends too is tough. I think I needed the sad night to gain more excitement, if that makes any sense at all. It also allowed me a chance to really lay it all at his feet and to let go of the burden of my worries. I am getting very excited about more living space and the Church opportunity is amazing. I am thankful for the opportunities God has provided for us. The packing process is about to begin. Oh, bless us!
Eli is growing and I swear he doubled in size this week. Everyone at church said his face looked so much more mature than last week, it's so weird how that can happen, but I think it does.
His head is getting so close to supporting itself. [It's comments like this that prove I'm a mom.] Hey, at least I'm not still talking about his poop!
We are leaving for Washington State on Wednesday. Say a prayer for our patient souls. Let's hope Eli sleeps. Oma, my 93 year old great grandmother, is flying the three of us up! She will finally have the opportunity to meet Zach and Eli too. Mom is flying up as well so we will have the opportunity to take a five generational picture! I am really looking forward to it all. Not only will we see Oma, but more family will be in town for my Aunt's Birthday (on Mom's other side) so we'll see so much family! It couldn't have worked out at a better time.
Well, I planned on adding pictures galore, but I'll have to do that next time. (Technical difficulties.)
After we get settled in after our move, I may be testing out a small, potential money making idea Zach and I have thought about. Details will come later, but let's just say I am going to start practicing some recipes... My fairly new last name is Baker right? Maybe it's a sign? :)
The coos and if I might say, adorable noises are in full swing and we really can not get enough.
We had Eli dedicated on June 12th! It was a very sweet time. We were able to have both sets of parents and some of our best friends Jordan, Blake & Lindsey, and Blake's parents/our family friends Mark and Janice there too. It was a great day as we all spent the afternoon at Mom and Dad's after church. It really is amazing to think Zach and I have been given the privilege of raising up this little boy who is not our own, but his. He always has been and always will be. We just have the amazing opportunity to love him to death through it all.
Today we are celebrating Father's Day! It's been so fun to watch Zach enjoy being recognized as "Dad" to Eli and to also spend it with my Dad too. We enjoyed a great service, good food, gifts, and a relaxing afternoon together.
Just a few things as of lately:
Eli has continued to sleep longer through the nights... praise! He hasn't done eight hours again, but is sleeping at least five straight through; sometimes even seven! It makes the days so much easier for sure.
I have realized that I have learned to be a little less dependent on planning and gained a more "go with the flow" attitude. I was talking to Zach this morning and I never realized I did this before, but I would think about an upcoming day or event and talk it up in my mind, creating expectations that were never guaranteed to follow through. Since having him I really enjoy the present, and find myself being much more "flexible-minded." Ex: when Eli graces us with his screaming voice just before leaving somewhere, we don't always get out the door when we had originally planned, therefore errands don't always get finished or in some case even started. Worst case, there's always tomorrow!
Things with our move are continuing to be put into place, because nothing just "falls into place, right?" I know it's all intentional; part of a greater plan. We have filled out our apartment application, paid some fees, and are just waiting on the official "acceptance." Our moving truck is also reserved and we are making the move on July 29th! I had my first official "breakdown" about leaving. I think it was a good thing, and definitely a good chance for Zach and I to talk about everything. Realizing I will not only be leaving family, but my best friend along with other friends too is tough. I think I needed the sad night to gain more excitement, if that makes any sense at all. It also allowed me a chance to really lay it all at his feet and to let go of the burden of my worries. I am getting very excited about more living space and the Church opportunity is amazing. I am thankful for the opportunities God has provided for us. The packing process is about to begin. Oh, bless us!
Eli is growing and I swear he doubled in size this week. Everyone at church said his face looked so much more mature than last week, it's so weird how that can happen, but I think it does.
His head is getting so close to supporting itself. [It's comments like this that prove I'm a mom.] Hey, at least I'm not still talking about his poop!
We are leaving for Washington State on Wednesday. Say a prayer for our patient souls. Let's hope Eli sleeps. Oma, my 93 year old great grandmother, is flying the three of us up! She will finally have the opportunity to meet Zach and Eli too. Mom is flying up as well so we will have the opportunity to take a five generational picture! I am really looking forward to it all. Not only will we see Oma, but more family will be in town for my Aunt's Birthday (on Mom's other side) so we'll see so much family! It couldn't have worked out at a better time.
Well, I planned on adding pictures galore, but I'll have to do that next time. (Technical difficulties.)
After we get settled in after our move, I may be testing out a small, potential money making idea Zach and I have thought about. Details will come later, but let's just say I am going to start practicing some recipes... My fairly new last name is Baker right? Maybe it's a sign? :)

Comments
Post a Comment