Where have I been?!

Oh you know, just giving baths, making bottles, taking pictures, changing diapers, pre-packing (organizing), watching coos, giggles, and smiles, cleaning, cooking, etc. And it couldn't have been better.


I really feel like these last couple of weeks have flown by; so much so that I can't really remember what all happened or the order it happened in. So get ready for a random, discombobulated series of thoughts:


We finally received Eli's newborn pictures. 





Let's see... May 21st was the night we officially knew for sure that Eli smiled at us and he's smiled intentionally like crazy since then. It is so much fun! Of coarse we still love all his other faces too.
 



Eli spent the night at Mom & Dad's on the 29th, the day before Memorial Day. I thought I would be okay, after all, Zach was reminding me how nice one full night of sleep would be, but I cried all the way home. Not just a sweet, I miss my little boy cry; it was rough. I really never thought I'd be that person, but it was the most bizarre feeling to drive home without him. It was a long night, but I was oh, so glad to see him the next morning! It was great practice and good for the two of us, especially since our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY is coming up and we hope to have a night away. One year?? When did that happen?

On Memorial Day we walked down to my parents pool for a little bit. Mom and Dad held Eli in the shade while we spent a little time in the sun. Of course we had to hold Eli in the pool just long enough to get a picture... he thought it was a tad bit chilly!


On Friday, Eli had his two month appointment, which included two shots! :( I had an appointment that day as well, so long story short, I was able to make it into his appointment (which mom took him into) right before his shots were given. The poor guy, but he quit screaming as soon as she put him in my arms and then I gave him a bottle- instant sleep! After that he slept all day long. Fun fact: He was up until 3:30am that night.

This upcoming weekend we are having Eli dedicated at church! Dirk and Amanda will be coming up on Friday so it will be a fun weekend with all of us together.

You didn't know? Oh yeah, he's a natural born rapper.

Oh, and lastly I have an accomplishment to report: the stroller fits in my trunk. Zach and I cleaned out my trunk the other day; it was a big deal. I found a bag of shoes, five mannequin heads, Cosmetology books, a drum, a dress, two jackets, and coffee mugs. It was like Christmas. Disgusting? Yes. Shameful? No. A little disorganization never killed anyone, okay, maybe once or twice on Hoarders, but it's all taken care of now! :)

Comments

Popular Posts