251...

It's almost been a month since I've posted, I can't believe it. So much has happened in the past three weeks and through it all our little man has changed so incredibly much. We moved on July 30th and now reside in Mobile, AL, Apartment #1121. It's homey and has really come together. My parents came down with us for help and I was able to unpack everything fairly quickly. We went through quite a lot through our first two weeks here, as Zach's dad went through a really hard time. He is on the road to recovery and the Lord has worked in mighty ways right before our eyes. We also have a youth group now, who I am incredibly thankful for. Week 1, we had 13 youth... a record for them. Week 2, 16 showed up! and last night we had TWENTY THREE people attend. God really is working in huge ways and growing our group not only by numbers but spiritually too. It's so exciting to see his plan unravel. My sweet husband is Mr. Busy since we moved here. He works at his job at Hurricane Electronics from 7:00-2:30 and then at Mobile Christian as an assistant coach from 3:00-6ish. I miss him so!

Life as a mother has changed entirely. The days are so much quieter without my husband in and out throughout the day, and without my mom practically down the street... I've definitely had some lonelier moments, but for the most part my days stay pretty busy. The first few weeks consisted on visiting Neil, taking care of his errands, stocking and restocking our empty refrigerator, picking up supplies for church, all while entertaining Eli who now likes to have a show at all times. I feel like I live here, but it's still all so new at the same time. I have a 251 number already... it's so weird! Especially since that is the area code I always dialed to talk to that cute Alabama boy after meeting him in the Bahamas ;)




Fun facts: Eli HATES his car seat. He can be the most smiley creature the world has ever seen, until he sees you taking him to his car seat. The world is over. The shrieking scream could probably be heard all the way in Nashville... but then, Zach and I sing The National Anthem and 90% of the time, it's all okay again. Have you ever heard anything so strange in your life?? I can't sing it alone, that's not good enough. Zach can't sing it alone because that's not good enough either, but when we belt it out together, it's apparently enough to make a distraught little boy smile again. Oh, the joys of parenting! :) He has also learned to GIGGLE. His ribs are the most ticklish, but his neck is a close second. Listen here: It warms my heart. Boredom is not his thing either, a change of scenery is required about every ten minutes... whew! He's all boy already. I'm loving this stage though, he loves to stand up when you hold his hands, he loves kisses and smiles when you smile, he is just so much fun. His little tude' comes out much more often now, but hey, he's growing up. That's what happens. Oh and cereal! He eats rice cereal twice a day now and loves it! Baby food will kick in in the next week or two! Four and a half months is unreal... It's all flying by so quickly. I'll blog more now, I promise.

Comments

Popular Posts