Six months old and he's changing fast!
There have been so many new things happen this week; it's all just so exciting!
On Tuesday afternoon we drove to Santa Rosa Beach, FL to visit our Nashvillian friends, Angie and Nathan, who are expecting little Baby Haney in April/May! We are so excited for them and had a wonderful day of visiting and eating with them. While we were there Eli decided to make his big crawling debut! It was so exciting and an oddly, proud moment for Zach and myself. -Who would have known that something like crawling could make mommy and daddy so giddy?
He has also began jabbering, "mamamamamamama." It completely melts my heart. It's the sweetest thing I have ever heard. When he's tired and whiney, instead of a high pitched squeal, which has thankfully phased-out for the most part, we hear "maaamaaaa." It's absolutely adorable.
We're teaching him how to kiss and when he does he gets a huge applause and "yayyyyy!!!" I think he may be catching on... let's hope so. There isn't anything better than that wide open, slobbery mouth kiss :)
Spitting and then making raspberries from the spit, is his newest hobby. His facial expressions are so hilarious. This boy has turned into quite the entertainment!
I have to admit, I was quite discouraged that solid foods didn't seem to be his thing. I had worked so hard at stocking our freezer of homemade veggie purees and frozen vegetables, but he wasn't interested. Every attempt was pretty much a fail, so we took about a week and a half off, and I tried again...
SUCCESS! This boy loves sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, avocado, and more! With every bite I am left with a gaping wide mouth just waiting for more! It's so great. It makes me one happy mommy!
So just an update... I better go and move Mr. Busy who is headed to the entertainment center again. Things are changing quickly around here, but we're enjoying every bit of it!
On Tuesday afternoon we drove to Santa Rosa Beach, FL to visit our Nashvillian friends, Angie and Nathan, who are expecting little Baby Haney in April/May! We are so excited for them and had a wonderful day of visiting and eating with them. While we were there Eli decided to make his big crawling debut! It was so exciting and an oddly, proud moment for Zach and myself. -Who would have known that something like crawling could make mommy and daddy so giddy?
He has also began jabbering, "mamamamamamama." It completely melts my heart. It's the sweetest thing I have ever heard. When he's tired and whiney, instead of a high pitched squeal, which has thankfully phased-out for the most part, we hear "maaamaaaa." It's absolutely adorable.
We're teaching him how to kiss and when he does he gets a huge applause and "yayyyyy!!!" I think he may be catching on... let's hope so. There isn't anything better than that wide open, slobbery mouth kiss :)
Spitting and then making raspberries from the spit, is his newest hobby. His facial expressions are so hilarious. This boy has turned into quite the entertainment!
I have to admit, I was quite discouraged that solid foods didn't seem to be his thing. I had worked so hard at stocking our freezer of homemade veggie purees and frozen vegetables, but he wasn't interested. Every attempt was pretty much a fail, so we took about a week and a half off, and I tried again...
SUCCESS! This boy loves sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, avocado, and more! With every bite I am left with a gaping wide mouth just waiting for more! It's so great. It makes me one happy mommy!
So just an update... I better go and move Mr. Busy who is headed to the entertainment center again. Things are changing quickly around here, but we're enjoying every bit of it!


Comments
Post a Comment