Recap & Randomness
It's time for a little recap!
Sunday night, November 6th (7months old) Eli raised his arms for me to pick him up!! First time ever!!! Ahh.. This little boy makes my heart grow more everyday. Last week we stuck Eli in a pumpkin.
Mt parents were here for two weeks and we had such a great time. We went to Praise in the Park with church, went to a pumpkin patch and took some awesome pictures, explored Fairhope, AL (for a little bit), Mom and I went to a wonderful women's retreat in Orange Beach with the lovely church ladies, we had Trunk or Treat together!
Then this past weekend we went to the beach again, but with Dirk, Amanda, Josh, Natalie, and Blaze! We were celebrating Zach and Amanda's Birthday's and had some much needed relaxation. We thoroughly enjoyed each day together!
Lindsey and I have been crocheting up a storm for our little business, "Swell Creations." We've been taking lot of Christmas orders as well as selling our "coffee cuffs" in a couple coffee shops. It's really exciting.
Christmas is flying at us quickly and this year I have a goal: homemade gifts for all our family!
Am I crazy? Probably. But I'm excited and ready to get down to business. Don't worry loved ones, I won't crochet you all sweaters :)
Get ready; this is really out of no where. But I saw a status on Facebook today about a funeral and it made me think... I'm really not a worst case scenario kind of person, and I don't like to think about the sad things, but it made me think about what I would want my funeral to be like. And what better place to document my wishes than the world wide web?
I hope my funeral is outside, on a beautiful day. A rainy one would be okay too- but I would want everyone to wear their rainboots so they could slosh around in the puddles. I don't want anyone in black. Could someone make invitations for this? Like bright cheery ones, saying there's a celebration of Allyson's Life! We have Birthday Parties, so can't I request one last one like a Lifeday Party? Maybe my great grandkids will be sending an invite on FB for this one. Everyone must wear bright colors and bring their memories. I want songs by good friends and for everyone to sit close. I want it to be entirely non-traditional. Maybe dancing! :) I hope there's finger food and some really good chocolate. And pictures! Nobody ever takes pictures at a funeral because it's so sad, but I hope people take advantage of all being together for the celebration and that they'll document it. I hope at the end bright balloons will be released into the sky. Instead of mobs of nasty funeral flowers, maybe just one vibrant bouquet would do and then have everyone that wanted to give flowers, give money- then have one person use the collection to purchase something lasting... something that would matter. Sponser children. Use the money to have a Thanksgiving dinner for the homeless. Donate to somebody's adoption fund. Anything meaningful. I don't want a grandiose funeral where money will be wasted, but where memories are made. So, those are my wishes. Just incase, God willing- in 70+ years, someone wants to know how I would like it to be.
Sunday night, November 6th (7months old) Eli raised his arms for me to pick him up!! First time ever!!! Ahh.. This little boy makes my heart grow more everyday. Last week we stuck Eli in a pumpkin.
Mt parents were here for two weeks and we had such a great time. We went to Praise in the Park with church, went to a pumpkin patch and took some awesome pictures, explored Fairhope, AL (for a little bit), Mom and I went to a wonderful women's retreat in Orange Beach with the lovely church ladies, we had Trunk or Treat together!
(At trunk or treat Eli was a rapper, aka E-Fly)
Then this past weekend we went to the beach again, but with Dirk, Amanda, Josh, Natalie, and Blaze! We were celebrating Zach and Amanda's Birthday's and had some much needed relaxation. We thoroughly enjoyed each day together!
Lindsey and I have been crocheting up a storm for our little business, "Swell Creations." We've been taking lot of Christmas orders as well as selling our "coffee cuffs" in a couple coffee shops. It's really exciting.
Christmas is flying at us quickly and this year I have a goal: homemade gifts for all our family!
Am I crazy? Probably. But I'm excited and ready to get down to business. Don't worry loved ones, I won't crochet you all sweaters :)
Get ready; this is really out of no where. But I saw a status on Facebook today about a funeral and it made me think... I'm really not a worst case scenario kind of person, and I don't like to think about the sad things, but it made me think about what I would want my funeral to be like. And what better place to document my wishes than the world wide web?
I hope my funeral is outside, on a beautiful day. A rainy one would be okay too- but I would want everyone to wear their rainboots so they could slosh around in the puddles. I don't want anyone in black. Could someone make invitations for this? Like bright cheery ones, saying there's a celebration of Allyson's Life! We have Birthday Parties, so can't I request one last one like a Lifeday Party? Maybe my great grandkids will be sending an invite on FB for this one. Everyone must wear bright colors and bring their memories. I want songs by good friends and for everyone to sit close. I want it to be entirely non-traditional. Maybe dancing! :) I hope there's finger food and some really good chocolate. And pictures! Nobody ever takes pictures at a funeral because it's so sad, but I hope people take advantage of all being together for the celebration and that they'll document it. I hope at the end bright balloons will be released into the sky. Instead of mobs of nasty funeral flowers, maybe just one vibrant bouquet would do and then have everyone that wanted to give flowers, give money- then have one person use the collection to purchase something lasting... something that would matter. Sponser children. Use the money to have a Thanksgiving dinner for the homeless. Donate to somebody's adoption fund. Anything meaningful. I don't want a grandiose funeral where money will be wasted, but where memories are made. So, those are my wishes. Just incase, God willing- in 70+ years, someone wants to know how I would like it to be.
Happy Thursday!




Comments
Post a Comment