a little note
Miss Eleanor...
Tonight everything seemed to hit me like a ton of bricks. As I was laying on the couch with my feet in your dad's lap, I began to count down until I am 39 weeks (the latest date we know you'll be arriving.) It's less than two months away! Words cannot describe how incredibly excited I am for your arrival, but not just that... I am so excited for all that you will add to this little family. You have a Dad who is more incredible than you could imagine. He is already so crazy about you and I'm sure you will have many nights tucked away on his cozy chest. (It's one of my favorite spots to be too!) Your big brother 'talks' about you often too. Right now you're either, "sissy," "bebe," or, "Ehhnoe." It's pretty cute. I'm a little nervous about his energy when it comes to your arrival... right now he's really into huge high fives and loves to smoosh everyone's face in his hands; get ready! I just know he will adore you.
I am head over heels for you, already. I dreamed of having babies my whole life, but always prayed that no matter how many babies I had, that I would have at least one little girl. Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is real life; that you are really a girl, and that you'll really be here in January! There's just something about having that person in the family I know I'll be able to relate to... the one who's nails I'll paint and who's hair I'll curl. I hope you'll always know you can trust me with anything. I want to be your safe-place... the one who fills you in on the tough stuff in life, the one who will one day grow to be one of your best friends as an adult.You are already such a gift. I treasure you and am absolutely loving this time I have you all to myself.
You are so active, missy! You move almost all day long. When I was pregnant with Eli, he had patterns and somewhat of a schedule, but you... You move all the time. At night time you've let me sleep really well so far though, thank you for that! You also have me craving all sorts of sweets. Last month I went through two family-sized Eggo waffle boxes. The last two weeks I've wanted Jiffy cornbread muffins with butter and honey, and anything dessert sounds wonderful. I really tried to avoid as many sweets as possible the week of my glucose test...I passed! Thank goodness. And it wasn't even that bad this go around. I've also still been getting shots twice a day, and that's going as well as it can. It's all definitely worth it.
I go back to the doctor this Wednesday... I'll see you on the little handheld ultrasound machine, then!
I love you more than you'll ever know,
Your Mom :)
Tonight everything seemed to hit me like a ton of bricks. As I was laying on the couch with my feet in your dad's lap, I began to count down until I am 39 weeks (the latest date we know you'll be arriving.) It's less than two months away! Words cannot describe how incredibly excited I am for your arrival, but not just that... I am so excited for all that you will add to this little family. You have a Dad who is more incredible than you could imagine. He is already so crazy about you and I'm sure you will have many nights tucked away on his cozy chest. (It's one of my favorite spots to be too!) Your big brother 'talks' about you often too. Right now you're either, "sissy," "bebe," or, "Ehhnoe." It's pretty cute. I'm a little nervous about his energy when it comes to your arrival... right now he's really into huge high fives and loves to smoosh everyone's face in his hands; get ready! I just know he will adore you.
I am head over heels for you, already. I dreamed of having babies my whole life, but always prayed that no matter how many babies I had, that I would have at least one little girl. Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is real life; that you are really a girl, and that you'll really be here in January! There's just something about having that person in the family I know I'll be able to relate to... the one who's nails I'll paint and who's hair I'll curl. I hope you'll always know you can trust me with anything. I want to be your safe-place... the one who fills you in on the tough stuff in life, the one who will one day grow to be one of your best friends as an adult.You are already such a gift. I treasure you and am absolutely loving this time I have you all to myself.
You are so active, missy! You move almost all day long. When I was pregnant with Eli, he had patterns and somewhat of a schedule, but you... You move all the time. At night time you've let me sleep really well so far though, thank you for that! You also have me craving all sorts of sweets. Last month I went through two family-sized Eggo waffle boxes. The last two weeks I've wanted Jiffy cornbread muffins with butter and honey, and anything dessert sounds wonderful. I really tried to avoid as many sweets as possible the week of my glucose test...I passed! Thank goodness. And it wasn't even that bad this go around. I've also still been getting shots twice a day, and that's going as well as it can. It's all definitely worth it.
I go back to the doctor this Wednesday... I'll see you on the little handheld ultrasound machine, then!
I love you more than you'll ever know,
Your Mom :)

Comments
Post a Comment