I missed the month of August... and Sept, October, and November.
August was filled with all sorts of fun things like our kids crusade at church, a team day in Millbrook, our best friend's gender reveal party, and so much more. However, our most exciting event in August was on the twenty-second... we anticipated our gender ultrasound where we would find out if Baby Baker No.2 was a boy or a girl.
I hardly slept the night before, and thankfully our appointment was at 9am! We had all sorts of knots of excitement as we drove to Providence Hospital. We went through our routine appointment and then headed back to the ultrasound office. For weeks, I had a gut feeling that Baby Baker was a girl, but Zach really thought Baby Baker was a boy, so we really went back and forth second guessing, knowing we would be absolutely thrilled either way, but so anxious to know what our family would look like in the next few months. Zach stood to my right, holding sweet Eli, our little big brother, and the sweetest ultrasound technician started the ultrasound. We first saw Baby Baker's little body silhouette... and she said, first let's look at the face. We saw the profile, and watched that rapid little heartbeat, when she moved around to find out the gender. Immediately I knew... she said, well you have a little GIRL!!! I still cry thinking about it. Zach asked about three more times saying, wait, really?! What?! a GIRL!? We were beyondddd excited and all I could do was cry. I couldn't even see!!! A girl. Little Miss Eleanor Jo Baker had been growing inside me for the past sixteen weeks. I felt immediately that I could relate to her. She and I are the only ladies in the house... we'll paint nails, and do hair, and play dress up. My tears wouldn't stop.
We left in all smiles and called our parents in the car! I couldn't even get the words out to tell my Mom and Dad that she was a girl. Happiness doesn't even begin to describe it. I think everyone was mutually shocked and excited and thrilled. We left for Five Guys to get a burger before meeting Lindsey for our little photoshoot at the park. Keeping our little secret that Baby Baker was a girl for the next few hours was quite fun I must say! We posted the photos a little later to share our big news, complete with a cardboard box filled with pink balloons. Eli loved the balloons of course, and had fun posing with them!
I hardly slept the night before, and thankfully our appointment was at 9am! We had all sorts of knots of excitement as we drove to Providence Hospital. We went through our routine appointment and then headed back to the ultrasound office. For weeks, I had a gut feeling that Baby Baker was a girl, but Zach really thought Baby Baker was a boy, so we really went back and forth second guessing, knowing we would be absolutely thrilled either way, but so anxious to know what our family would look like in the next few months. Zach stood to my right, holding sweet Eli, our little big brother, and the sweetest ultrasound technician started the ultrasound. We first saw Baby Baker's little body silhouette... and she said, first let's look at the face. We saw the profile, and watched that rapid little heartbeat, when she moved around to find out the gender. Immediately I knew... she said, well you have a little GIRL!!! I still cry thinking about it. Zach asked about three more times saying, wait, really?! What?! a GIRL!? We were beyondddd excited and all I could do was cry. I couldn't even see!!! A girl. Little Miss Eleanor Jo Baker had been growing inside me for the past sixteen weeks. I felt immediately that I could relate to her. She and I are the only ladies in the house... we'll paint nails, and do hair, and play dress up. My tears wouldn't stop.
We left in all smiles and called our parents in the car! I couldn't even get the words out to tell my Mom and Dad that she was a girl. Happiness doesn't even begin to describe it. I think everyone was mutually shocked and excited and thrilled. We left for Five Guys to get a burger before meeting Lindsey for our little photoshoot at the park. Keeping our little secret that Baby Baker was a girl for the next few hours was quite fun I must say! We posted the photos a little later to share our big news, complete with a cardboard box filled with pink balloons. Eli loved the balloons of course, and had fun posing with them!
Lindsey and I registered at Target later that day... and I got a much needed nap in before church that night.
We have remained on cloud nine!

Comments
Post a Comment