Dear Santa::
I have known this for a couple years now, but now more than ever it has proven to be true: I love other people's birthdays much more than my own! It's not that I don't enjoy my own birthday or anything, but there is something about planning a day and seeing someone totally enjoy his or her day that is so rewarding. Today is Zach's birthday and we had so much fun. Since I only have a couple of days of school left (on specific days) I have been off for this week & have had HOME time; the most fabulous thing known to woman-kind; at least this woman. This morning I made Pinwheels for breakfast and Poppyseed chicken for lunch - two dishes that Amanda is fabulous at making :) A couple of Zach's favorites. We lounged around, watched Bourne Identity, took a nap, and then got ready for dinner. I surprised him to Stoney River, we have both always wanted to go but just hadn't made it there in the past. We laughed today more than I think the two of us have in a while and had true quality time. It's been a blessing. I LOVE other people's birthdays!
Presents & cake got me to thinking about a few things I am just dying to do and learn. While standing in the baking aisle in Kroger yesterday, I decided that I would like to have a cake decorating kit of different frosting tips. I was looking for something to write on Zach's dessert with and just couldn't bring myself to buy that nasty gel writing decoration. You all know what I'm talking about... Blek! I would love to make cakes and decorate them myself. I would also love to learn to sew. I have learned a few basics from Grammy, but unfortunately, I have forgotten most things and want to crochet again, become a master at the sewing machine, learn to hem my own pants, and make blankets & bibs and such! I am just getting too excited about all this... I think the baby is sparking something in me. Maybe I'm becoming "motherly." I'll just be an at-home hairdresser/ artist/ cake decorator/ sewer? Sounds like a dream come true. Oh baby... look what you're doing to me. I just love it so much :)
I think this calls for a few hints for my hubby for Christmas/Valentines/Birthday ::
This is the Wilton Master Tip Set... holy moly, how exciting!
You know, Willow Tree is a favorite :)
We all know this would make my days a little shorter, as I tend to get lost.
And of course, TOMS are a favorite... I love the cause too.
Okay I've had my fun! When it comes down to it, I have everything I need! But it's always fun to wish sometimes :) We're getting closer to Christmas everyone, time is just a' flyin'!
PS. Ultrasound tomorrow!!



Comments
Post a Comment