On Cloud Nine...
I had a doctor appointment today, just your typical- 4 week checkup with Dr. Rodier. She came in the room and one of her questions was, any movement yet?! Nooo.. I responded. I've been waiting and waiting for this, so when she asked it was even harder to be patient for the wait. She reassured me it was perfectly normal and sometimes you don't feel them until at least 20 weeks (I am currently 17.5) The appointment was all normal, we scheduled my next two appointments and were out the door. Zach had to go to work and I did too but I just HAD to make a stop to Q'doba. It was a serious craving at the time and it was vital to my existence that I had a naked burrito (one in a bowl without the tortilla) with rice, black beans, chicken, queso, lettuce, light pico, and guacamole. I don't know where this came from because Mexican has been completely out of the question, but sure enough I ate ever bite! And let me assure you it had never tasted so good. I came home and had about 15 minutes to spare; while least expecting it, I learned something in that 15 minutes: Baby Baker loves Q'doba too!!!
It felt as if he/she was using one of those things the doctor uses to check your reflexes... it was just like a 'pop' in my lower stomach. I almost couldn't believe it... until it happened again but this time in another spot near by. I thought I was going to turn into the crying lunatic, but I was scared I would miss more movement. So I sat as still as I could (like that would really do anything.) But it was time to go to work. The baby held off until I arrived at work and decided to move some more for me while I was working on bar (at Starbucks... not at A 'bar' haha.) And that's when it felt more like that fluttering that you've all been explaining to me. I cannot begin to explain how excited I am. Those precious little kicking feet... I can't wait to examine the toes, put them in cute socks, and dress them in sweet shoes. Goodness it's all becoming so real! Who would have thought that first kick would be so miraculous! I'm on cloud nine. I'll update more on this preggo life soon!
BABY MOVED/KICKED/MADE ITS PRESENCE KNOWN!
It felt as if he/she was using one of those things the doctor uses to check your reflexes... it was just like a 'pop' in my lower stomach. I almost couldn't believe it... until it happened again but this time in another spot near by. I thought I was going to turn into the crying lunatic, but I was scared I would miss more movement. So I sat as still as I could (like that would really do anything.) But it was time to go to work. The baby held off until I arrived at work and decided to move some more for me while I was working on bar (at Starbucks... not at A 'bar' haha.) And that's when it felt more like that fluttering that you've all been explaining to me. I cannot begin to explain how excited I am. Those precious little kicking feet... I can't wait to examine the toes, put them in cute socks, and dress them in sweet shoes. Goodness it's all becoming so real! Who would have thought that first kick would be so miraculous! I'm on cloud nine. I'll update more on this preggo life soon!
this was not my burrito, mine looked even better, but it gives you an idea of our current favorite meal :)


Comments
Post a Comment