This week is Christmas week!
Last week we went to see Garth Brooks. Something I have always wanted to do. It was really unbelievable! We had a blast!!
Last night we had dinner at a great married-friend-couple's house, Angie and Nathan. They fixed an amazing dinner of Beef Wellington and the rest of our evening was filled with great conversation and the movie, White Christmas (which we had never seen.) It really made me in the Christmas spirit even more than before. It was so good to just visit with friends and relax.
I had a Dr. Appointment today with Tennessee Maternal and Fetal Medicine (the blood doctor) and we had blood work to do, along with a "re-do" ultrasound because last time Mr. Eli was not exactly cooperative. I was informed that I've got one big baby boy in there. All his measurements make him look like he is two weeks further along than I really am. They checked the dates and are convinced they are correct, they said he is just a big one :) I think the Lord is just answering prayer and making him extra strong. He is currently 1lb 7oz! I can't wait to just squeeze and love on that sweet boy... outside of the belly!
A big concern of "bed rest aka house arrest" for me has been the fact that I have to stop working. We knew finances would be really tight and so much earlier than we had expected. I called Starbucks Benefit Center today to ask questions about a leave of absence, maternity leave, etc and how everything works with the company. They asked me a series of questions and put me on hold for a few minutes while they processed my information. She came back on the phone and informed me that I not only qualify for maternity leave, but medical leave and partial pay from yesterdays date, as it was my first day off work, all the way through six weeks after Eli is born! Partial pay will be 66.3% of my current pay and I will receive it in a check weekly. The LORD FULFILLS HIS PROMISES. He is always faithful. This was a huge relief and I am so incredibly thankful for that answer. So I am officially done with work now. It's such a weird feeling! I haven't been "jobless" since I was 14... It will take some getting used to. But I don't think it will take too terribly long :)
I left the doctor, spirits high, and headed to Heather's house. Her mom let me use her sewing machine to finish my stockings I made for Zach and myself... and one for Eli for next year too. I had started making them with Mom but her sewing machine broke, so we have had them on hold. I'm so excited about them. They are finally finished, just in time for Christmas.
From Left to Right, Eli's, mine, and Zach's.
I am going to begin packing and we will be leaving Thursday for Mobile for Christmas.
We all have so much to be thankful for this Christmas.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.
Enjoy it to the fullest!
Love, Allyson

ps. The craft box is in our living room now (easy access) and I started looking up crafty ideas and drawing things etc. We have decided, when Eli does have a room, it will be in blues and greens. We also want to carry out a music theme. We bought a bunch of old records from a used music and book store called McKays and plan on putting them on the wall in a stripe or something like that. We also plan on eventually buying this chalkboard drum decal for the wall.
But these are our latest art projects. I was so glad Zach wanted to join in on the fun too! :)
We'll probably frame them. But my "Mr. Numbers" above. And Zachs "DJ" below :))
Okay... that's all! Merry Christmas xoxo



Comments
Post a Comment