Eight months already!
I feel so guilty for not posting for almost THREE WEEKS. That's monumental in the life of an eighth month old. So here are the facts:
Eli had his first Thanksgiving! We went to Mama Mae's and Papa John's with his side of the family and had a great day in the country. We rode four wheelers, saw old tractors, a lot of old stuff, and just had a great time visiting.
We surprised Nana and Papa and drove that next day to Dothan, AL, when they were having their Thanksgiving dinner. They were beyond surprised. I love those kind of reactions! [At their house Eli said "ba-ba" for the first time!]
Then on Saturday, Eli and I woke up and drove to Nashville!! Mom and Dad had no earthly idea that we were coming. I will eventually post mom's reaction (which I taped) as we walked in the door. It was a great five day trip in which I was able to go back to our church, visit friends, and spend time with Mom, Dad, and Ben. It was during this time that Eli learned "Pat-A-Cake" and claps his hand together, he also waved "bye-bye" to his Opa. The trip home with Eli was much smoother since we discovered the power of a portable DVD player in the back seat. This boy LOVES Sesame Street.
I spent my first night at home and then Zach kept Eli while I had the privilege of going to see Beth Moore in Pensacola, FL with all the women in Zach's family. It was truly incredible. It was a very refreshing weekend, but I feel like I learned so much. (Thank you again, Amanda!!)
Since we've been home and back in the swing of things, we've taken a few Christmas pictures with Blake and Lindsey, we've gone Gluten-free, we have a mini-silver-tree, Eli has said "papa," and I've gotten half of the absurd amount of laundry done. We're finally getting back into our routine- Isn't it amazing what one week out of the norm can do?
AND WONDERFUL NEWS. On Thursday when I returned home from Nashville, we checked the mail to find Eli's insurance card! Hallelujah! He is now eight months old and hadn't had his six month appointment yet because we hadn't had our insurance go through since moving, etc. I was well beyond the point of stressed, so it was a huge relief to open that mail. I made him an appointment and we went today, actually! He weighs 18lbs 13oz and is 28 inches long! It's crazy how time flies. He got three shots (which are my absolute least favorite thing) and doesn't have to go back until he is one year. It was great to hear he is doing perfectly!!
EVEN MORE WONDERFUL NEWS: yesterday, Eli finally understood the real meaning of a kiss for the first time. AWH. Probably my favorite moment yet. We say, can I have a kiss? And he leans in with his lips open but pursed! Melts my heart to mush. He's only done it to me and to Zach. It's our favorite. So now there will be lots of kisses going around in the Baker house. Let's hope none of us get sick, but at least there are only three of us. We just adore this little man.
Eli had his first Thanksgiving! We went to Mama Mae's and Papa John's with his side of the family and had a great day in the country. We rode four wheelers, saw old tractors, a lot of old stuff, and just had a great time visiting.
We surprised Nana and Papa and drove that next day to Dothan, AL, when they were having their Thanksgiving dinner. They were beyond surprised. I love those kind of reactions! [At their house Eli said "ba-ba" for the first time!]
Then on Saturday, Eli and I woke up and drove to Nashville!! Mom and Dad had no earthly idea that we were coming. I will eventually post mom's reaction (which I taped) as we walked in the door. It was a great five day trip in which I was able to go back to our church, visit friends, and spend time with Mom, Dad, and Ben. It was during this time that Eli learned "Pat-A-Cake" and claps his hand together, he also waved "bye-bye" to his Opa. The trip home with Eli was much smoother since we discovered the power of a portable DVD player in the back seat. This boy LOVES Sesame Street.
I spent my first night at home and then Zach kept Eli while I had the privilege of going to see Beth Moore in Pensacola, FL with all the women in Zach's family. It was truly incredible. It was a very refreshing weekend, but I feel like I learned so much. (Thank you again, Amanda!!)
Since we've been home and back in the swing of things, we've taken a few Christmas pictures with Blake and Lindsey, we've gone Gluten-free, we have a mini-silver-tree, Eli has said "papa," and I've gotten half of the absurd amount of laundry done. We're finally getting back into our routine- Isn't it amazing what one week out of the norm can do?
AND WONDERFUL NEWS. On Thursday when I returned home from Nashville, we checked the mail to find Eli's insurance card! Hallelujah! He is now eight months old and hadn't had his six month appointment yet because we hadn't had our insurance go through since moving, etc. I was well beyond the point of stressed, so it was a huge relief to open that mail. I made him an appointment and we went today, actually! He weighs 18lbs 13oz and is 28 inches long! It's crazy how time flies. He got three shots (which are my absolute least favorite thing) and doesn't have to go back until he is one year. It was great to hear he is doing perfectly!!
EVEN MORE WONDERFUL NEWS: yesterday, Eli finally understood the real meaning of a kiss for the first time. AWH. Probably my favorite moment yet. We say, can I have a kiss? And he leans in with his lips open but pursed! Melts my heart to mush. He's only done it to me and to Zach. It's our favorite. So now there will be lots of kisses going around in the Baker house. Let's hope none of us get sick, but at least there are only three of us. We just adore this little man.
Fun things to know:
Eli has eight teeth. He loves "puffs" and can sure make a sticky mess. Veggie Tales and Sesame Street can keep his attention for the whole thirty minutes. He blows "raspberries" all day longggg. He sticks his right arm straight out all the time, like he's expecting you to 'pound it.' He loves reading books - I hope he always has more books than toys. He has a permanent natural mohawk. His hair is still strawberry blonde. He stands at everything and "cruises" along the side of the couch (walks sideways.) His favorite foods are pears and peaches, but we've learned to sneak in the green beans and peas so far. He is napping on his own so much better and continues to be a homebody. We're loving every minute.

Comments
Post a Comment