from 2011 to 2012

The month of December has been so good to us and we have made so many new memories and traditions. We had many festivities to attend to, including: "Our First Annual Ugly Sweater Christmas Progressive Dinner Dirty Santa Party" with our youth group, an Ugly Sweater Dirty Santa Party with our bible study, and a cookie swap just to name a few. We used our best judgement and decided that a big Christmas tree would be more like a jungle gym for our little monkey and went with a small silver tree. He loved it just the same. 

This month Eli has changed in so many ways. His hair is thicker than ever and still blonde with a reddish hue. He eats "puffs" and all the baby food we send his way. He also loves to "happy scream" to the top of his lungs, puts everything to his ear as if he is on the phone, and steals the show no matter who we're with or where we are. He is quite a character, this boy. He steals our hearts a little more every day, leaving us wondering how it's even possible. He's such a happy baby and definitely makes us anxious for another ;)

Eli with Blaze during our Christmas with the Young/Baker Side at Ruth's Chris!

Christmas 2011 was the best Christmas yet. It's always one of my favorite holidays, but with a little man full of personality, this one was bound to be extra special. We were able to take a road trip, out of the hustle and bustle, up to Nashville, TN to spend Christmas with my family. Eli did remarkably well on the trip there and back and we had an amazing time. We were there from Thursday to Tuesday! Here are a few photos from our trip: 

Eli saw Santa and couldn't have been happier!
 Christmas Eve with The Gaylord Opryland Hotel, whipped cream, and Twas the Night Before Christmas.
 Christmas Morning!
Mom and Dad started my vintage Pyrex collection! I couldn't be more excited. This is just one of the beautiful pieces they gave me.
 I thought it would be amazing to have a Fiesta on Christmas.. and as you can see, we did just that. Carne Asada tacos with all the works. My mouth is watering just looking back. It was perfect.

 2011 has been more than I could've ever imagined. 
This little boy made it just magical. 
I can't imagine what the next year has to hold, but I couldn't be more excited.
I can't wait to sit down and pour out my hopes & goals for the next year...

but as for now, I've got a hot new years date to attend to ;)

Happy New Year!!!

Comments

Popular Posts