Easter Week; t h r e e

I think about blogging... all the time. And am not as successful at actually writing as I used to be. Hmm... I wonder why? Things have been going well, and oh so quickly!

This week; week three:
I really hit pure exhaustion last Wednesday, so onto Mom and Dad's we went. We've been there ever since :) It's been a huge help, especially during the nights.
We took pictures with Eli, and will finish the shoot tomorrow. We will be showing them soon, I'm sure.
We have had poop, poop, and more poop. This boy is a machine!
Nursing is getting easier as we go. It is a lot more demanding than I had expected, but I'm learning to relax and just realize it takes time. We're sticking to it and it's definitely getting easier.
Eli had his very first real bath in the sink... and hated it!
Eli rolled over!! From tummy to back. We were at Mom and Dad's and Skyping with Dirk and Amanda, so we all saw it together!
I think he's getting very close to cooing and smiling. I can't wait for those moments.
Easter was great. We wanted so badly to be at church, but after the Pediatrician really wanted us to wait, we stayed at home. We watched the Gaither's, exchanged Easter baskets, and enjoyed a great meal.
Eli has decided that he loves to be awake at night, and sleep solid during the day. We're working on that.
Zach and I went on a date!!! It took place at the good ole Target. I think that is a pretty good indication that we have a newborn.





In other news...
Zach has one week left of school for this semester before he starts his summer classes. praise the Lord!! I think I am almost as excited as he is.
In two weeks I can start getting back into shape. I am excited, especially since I have been on the couch since December. That is such a long time, so my body is ready for some work. I have a goal to run a 5K on the 4th July with Dad, who by the way is making amazing changes. He has started a transformation as of January of this year and is blowing me away day by day. I am so proud of him and excited for what is to come. He has started a blog that you all should follow! I plan to start the Couch to 5K program, because let's face it, I have been a couch potato, even if it wasn't by choice. Here's to changes!

Hopefully this next week I'll have a little more time, and energy to write more. But we are loving this time with our little man and with each other. We are so incredibly blessed.

Comments

Popular Posts