An unexpected week...
This week has definitely been a blur, and much different than I would've ever expected. Monday afternoon I felt as if I had the flu. I had a fever and Ms. Frizzle told us to go to the ER to be checked out. After waiting forever, an IV, a very emotional Allyson, and some blood work, they told me I had developed mastitis. So we stayed in the hospital until Thursday! In those four days, Mr. Eli decided to test our patience by only sleeping after 4am every night, I ate my fair share of hospital food, and felt as if I lost a whole week.
On the bright side, coming home yesterday was the best feeling ever. Finally settled at home; Eli slept well last night. Rested, today, means that he slept from 3am-6am and then 7:40am-10:40am. Score! When did my body become capable of living this way?? Thankfully it did though! I don't mind it one bit because his sweet face makes it all worth it.
This week:
Eli found his thumb on his own. So sweet.
I have realized he really is a little man. Gas, has a whole new meaning. Boys will be boys!
I am so thankful for overall good health. I can't imagine living in a hospital.
My mom and I laughed through our exhaustion on multiple occasions.
We will have family/newborn pictures taken on Sunday! Can't wait!
I am hoping next week will be a little more smooth and steady. It's the weekend though and we're looking forward to Sunday... family day when everyone is home :) Ps. Almost 2 weeks old. Can you believe it!?! Cherishing every moment!
He was ready to go home too
On the bright side, coming home yesterday was the best feeling ever. Finally settled at home; Eli slept well last night. Rested, today, means that he slept from 3am-6am and then 7:40am-10:40am. Score! When did my body become capable of living this way?? Thankfully it did though! I don't mind it one bit because his sweet face makes it all worth it.
This week:
Eli found his thumb on his own. So sweet.
I have realized he really is a little man. Gas, has a whole new meaning. Boys will be boys!
I am so thankful for overall good health. I can't imagine living in a hospital.
My mom and I laughed through our exhaustion on multiple occasions.
We will have family/newborn pictures taken on Sunday! Can't wait!
I am hoping next week will be a little more smooth and steady. It's the weekend though and we're looking forward to Sunday... family day when everyone is home :) Ps. Almost 2 weeks old. Can you believe it!?! Cherishing every moment!

Comments
Post a Comment