Eli Benjamin Baker
My heart grew ten sizes on Sunday, April 3rd.
Eli Benjamin Baker was born at 2:59pm. He was six pounds and 18.5 inches long.
I had a wonderful experience at Baptist Hospital, I couldn't have asked for a better staff to be by my side.
I'll go into detail about that day a different time, because it was definitely different than I expected. It was such an amazing day.
This week I feel like I have learned so much, but in a way, it's different than "learning." It's like I already had all these things it takes to be a mother, but they were activated this week. Maybe that's what they call a mother's instinct.
This week I've learned:
That love is completely tangible.
Six pounds can completely steal my heart.
My husband is even more amazing than I realized; how is that possible?! :)
How much our parents love us, especially after relating through how much we love this little boy.
That family is essentially all that matters.
Listening to cues and learning his cries comes naturally.
Babies poop... a lot.
His silly faces and soft skin could make any day better.
I would do anything in the whole world for him.
Babies really communicate a whole lot, we're learning his 'language.'
Trusting ourselves with what to do comes easier than I had expected.
The bond this new little family of ours has is unbreakable.
I've officially entered into Motherhood... there couldn't be anything better.
It was WELL worth the wait!!
I'm going to enjoy lots of time with this little man, but I'll write when I can.
Happy Sunday! Happy one week old Eli!


Comments
Post a Comment