The 7th Week

What a fantastic week.

 Aren't they just the sweetest?

We took Eli on his first walk in the stroller. It happened at 9:45 PM in his regular stroller, which was so bumpy. Bless him! He really loved it though and slept the entire time while his mom and dad got their sweat on! It just made me that much more excited to get our jogging stroller though!

I promise he liked it once we started walking.

-Eli really began "talking" this week. His coos and noises are out of control and we are eating it all up!
-The cicadas are in full effect. Gross.
-I am blonde again... praise. Never to again be brunette, I hope not.

Another big this happened this week. Not big, huge. Let me start with a little background. So we have really been praying this past year (Zach's senior year) about where God would want us to settle and seek a career. I have had Mobile, AL on my heart really since around Christmas time. It was an unexplainable, peaceful kind of feeling... just one of those, this place is just "right" kinds of things. Zach's family all lives there and as much as I adore every single one of them, they weren't the "reason" for that feeling. But it wasn't just the city either. From the small town feel, to Mobile First Church of the Nazarene, to the opportunity for ministry, and roughly four people that I really have a deep burden for when it comes to salvation; God really began to soften my heart towards this place. I have always said, "I made a huge, at times painful, but impacting move when I was thirteen. We left a lot of family, so I'll never move unless my parents move too." So I truly believe the Lord had to use those things to begin working in my heart the way did, even before introducing the idea of possibly moving to Mobile, AL to Zach. One night I talked to Zach about all my feelings and through tears and uncontrollable sobbing, I told him how something was pulling at my heart and it definitely wasn't my own personal desire. My heart was torn in half, and to be honest, at times it still is. I undoubtingly knew that there was a plan for us in Mobile, but I had to fully trust that he would prepare my heart for telling my precious parents. They have shown unbelievable support from the first time we have talked, which of course, I knew they would. So to keep a long story to keep from getting even longer, all we had was a feeling of peace and assurance, but no idea how things would ever come together. In the next week, Mobile First Church of the Nazarene contacted Zach and a possible position as Youth Pastor began to develop. He also was in contact with his former football coach at Mobile Christian School and was offered a part time position as a paid assistant and will also finish his internship for Trevecca Nazarene University there as well. Obstacles have continuously been broken down and this week everything became official. Roughly around the first week of August we will be making the move to Mobile. I really am excited because I know that God has an amazing plan for our family and I can only trust that he has designed a future better than we could ourselves. I am also fighting my worries, fears, and concerns about being away from my parents and my brother. I can only pray that God will take control of our hearts and minds and be the comfort that only he can be for all of us. On the other hand, I know he is preparing us for the mission he has for our family in Mobile, and there is nothing more comforting than that.

We celebrated our friend, Bethany's graduation and later that night we went to Starbucks to see old friends. We also made a stop by Dollar Tree to buy some supplies for a video we had to make for the church. So we spent the evening in front of the laptop making a video to announce our acceptance of the Youth Pastor position, which was played in the service Sunday. It was an eventful Saturday and Eli was so great for all of it.
Eli wearing one of our many Dollar Tree "finds."

Sunday: we celebrated my 21st!! 
(which was also Eli's:  s e v e n t h  w e e k)

We went to church and then spent the afternoon at Mom and Dad's. We opened presents before leaving for dinner, which was the best I might add. We went to one of my ultimate favorites in Nashville, Jackson's and finished our tasty dinner with Fried Cookie Dough Eggrolls. That dessert will never sound as good as it is, and is a must when you are in Nashville. I am now a proud owner of an Ipod Touch and have been thoroughly enjoying it. Zach and my family made the day so special and showered me when so many other lovely things :) It was unexpected but greatly appreciated.

Excited! And notice that lovely at-home-birthday-spray-tan-job? 
Oh, the things we do when we can't lay out at the pool with our babies :)

This week seemed to fly by, but it was so enjoyable. I am LOVING being a Mommy... it really couldn't be better. Of course, there are those times that are stressful and exhausting, but I couldn't imagine it any other way. My chest has become a permanent pillow and my arms are a forever moving cradle. My lap is quickly being outgrown by our long little man, he grows so much every day. This week I packed his newborn clothes away and couldn't decide if I was excited for his new wardrobe or if I needed to cry because he'll never be that small again. It was bittersweet, but I look forward to all the new things we will experience as he grows. We continue to capture every week with lots of pictures and memories. He is our world.

Comments

Popular Posts