Epiphany @ Week Six
I was on my way to California Pizza Kitchen yesterday to eat lunch while Zach was working and to let everyone he works with see Eli again. There was so much traffic, but I was almost there. I was sitting at a really long red light, it was so quiet in the car; my little man was sleeping peacefully in the background. It really hit me hard:
THIS is everything I've ever wanted.
I have a husband who is everything I could have ever dreamed of in a spouse and a best friend.
I have the sweetest baby boy who has made me into a Mom.
As a little girl, they were the two things I always wanted to be when I grew up; a wife and a mom. I've never wanted more than that. I guess it was just one of those times that you realize how truly blessed you are and how the petty little worries of our days don't matter one bit. I want that realization every day. I love how his little grins and coos wipe away anything else that could be going wrong. I love how Zach and I can still playfully sing around the house and make each other laugh until we nearly faint. I love how at the end of the night I have my two favorite boys by my side. I love how Eli loves when I sing to him, bless him. I love how we make a family, just the three of us. They are my world.
THIS is everything I've ever wanted.
I have a husband who is everything I could have ever dreamed of in a spouse and a best friend.
I have the sweetest baby boy who has made me into a Mom.
As a little girl, they were the two things I always wanted to be when I grew up; a wife and a mom. I've never wanted more than that. I guess it was just one of those times that you realize how truly blessed you are and how the petty little worries of our days don't matter one bit. I want that realization every day. I love how his little grins and coos wipe away anything else that could be going wrong. I love how Zach and I can still playfully sing around the house and make each other laugh until we nearly faint. I love how at the end of the night I have my two favorite boys by my side. I love how Eli loves when I sing to him, bless him. I love how we make a family, just the three of us. They are my world.

Comments
Post a Comment