Miss Domestic?

All you Betty Crockers out there just disregard the following... I'm about to discuss my extreme excitement of my baby steps in the kitchen. Maybe i'll reach Betty Crocker status in a year.. or five.

This sweet boy was so, extra happy today!

It's taken me nearly eight weeks to get into the kitchen again, how sad right? Part of it has to do with the fact that my husband works through dinner time, so when I cook it's just for yours truly. The other reason is Mr. Zachary is no big fan of leftovers. Oh yeah, and also because we had a baby!! I have been an eggs and toast kind of lady the last few months, and sometimes dinner is cereal and a banana, which is usually fine with me, but today was different...

I've gotten to itch to cook. It was a success! Zach got to enjoy some before he went to work too.
We had a late lunch of Orange Chicken with rice. I used:
1 lb cubed chicken
1/2 cup La Choy teriyaki sauce
1/3 cup orange marmalade
about 1 tsp ground ginger
chopped cashews
variety of asian veggies
served over steamed white rice
(Just incase you were wondering)

Then once Zach left for work I decided to try my luck at making homemade bread.
I found a recipe for Honey Wheat Bread and it turned out so well! So now I have two loaves of bread for the week, I may just make this a weekly ritual. It really was fun. The health benefits of kneeding the bread haven't ever hurt a woman either ;)

Honey Wheat Bread

On Tuesday, I went on a limb and added blueberries to a banana bread recipe I had found. I also decided to make them into muffins instead of loaves, because who doesn't like the convenience of a muffin? They were delicious if I must say so myself. I enjoy baking, I always have, but I think it's growing on me even more. I can't wait until I can bake with. Eli. Just wait, before we know it there will be pictures of cookies with M&M's with him and cupcakes that look like dirt with gummy worms galore.

blueberry banana bread muffins

There's just something fufilling about making things from scratch, especially for your family. One day, I would thoroughly enjoy making creations in a kitchen as shabby chic and colorful as this:

 Those stools, perfect
Table, mixer, knife magnet. Love.

Maybe this blog will turn into a cooking one too... that's part of Motherhood right? Speaking of things I enjoy, I want to get back to my love of art. It's something I have really started to miss. I would love to make a little money doing it eventually in some shape or form; I guess you never know! We'll see what happens. Lastly, I found this. I absolutely love it:

Comments

Popular Posts