His toes were in the sand at week FIVE!

We drove down to Mobile, AL on May 4th. I was a little worried about the trip, thinking about how long it could actually take us with a baby and all, but it turned out to be perfect! Eli slept the whole way and only cried when he was hungry. I'll never know how, but we made it in seven hours. (That's how long it took us pre-baby) The first person we saw was Neil, Zach's dad, who Eli will call PoPo (he's a police officer :)) He was nearly in tears and smitten over him. It 's so much fun to introduce Eli to family! We went to Zach's parents and got all settled in. During the trip Eli also met his Uncle Josh, Aunt Natalie, and cousin Blaze too.
 My little beach bum
Our first family photo on the beach
Mother's Day 2011
 The whole gang... minus a few
Me, Zach, and little Eli too
 Popo (Neil) meeting Eli
The Baker Boys

We had a baby shower on Saturday and I was amazed at the outcome. We had so many people show up and everyone was incredibly generous! The Mobile First Church family is a huge blessing and all the family is too. On Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day! It was such an amazing feeling to actually be acknowledged as a Mom. There isn't anything that is better than that. We had pictures taken several weeks ago, but hadn't seen any of them yet... but Zach secretly had three different pictures printed and put them in beautiful frames for me. It was the sweetest gift. We went to church (where Eli had even more people to meet!) and then we headed out to the BEACH!! -my favorite place on earth- Eli seemed to love it too, since he lounged in the sand all on his own.

Eli has begun to plump up and we're loving it. We went to the doctor when we got home and he weighed 8lbs 2oz. He's a growing boy! Unfortunately, we went because he has an eye infection and now a cold. I've been sick now too, so we're just hoping we all get better quickly and don't start that obnoxious sick cycle. Being sick has not been fun, but the one perk is this little one is even extra cuddly.


[in other news] this week:
Eli gave us his first humongous spit up in public. ALL down the front of me. Lovely.

He loves his WubbaNub (pacifier with a stuffed animal attached to the end) and sometimes holds it on his own.


We got a baby swing and a tummy time mat from Amanda (Zach's mom) and they have saved our lives. I wish I could personally thank the inventor of the baby swing; I had such a productive cleaning day!

He keeps getting closer and closer to grinning, well grinning intentionally. The coos are occasional, but keep getting more frequent, so fun.

We switched bottles and formula and have had much easier days and nights. I think we've finally gotten it right.

I know I'm a little obsessed with our son, okay, a lot obsessed.. but I can't help itttttt!

Comments

Popular Posts