It's about time, right?
I wrote this right after we got back from Washington, but never found the time to briefly edit and post it! Slightly delayed, but here it goes...
Monday, the 20th, I spent all day packing. It was quite the chore and I managed to pack two suitcases just under fifty pounds. Miraculous, I know. That night I was exhausted, Zach got home from work and Eli fell asleep around 11:00 so we were able to finish up packing carry-ons etc, and our air conditioner went out! Trevecca Apartments have never seemed to care much about the air issue since all we have is a window unit anyways, but since it was already late, we were able to suck it up and blow our air mattress up in the living room. It was actually fun to camp out.
Sleepin' in a toasty apartment!
The next night we took everything to Mom and Dad's so we could all leave together on Wednesday morning. I was so nervous about flying with Eli. When it came down to it, if he screamed, he screamed, but I was nervous about his ears hurting. I didn't want him to be in pain the whole trip. He slept the whole way there. We were checking in [when I saw and stared Kelly Pickler and The Band Perry for 10 minutes... ahhhhh! Starstruck!] and I took him out of his car seat; still out like a log. We made it through security, were all excused from going through the new-naked-scanner-machine-thing (thank you Eli) and wrapped him up in the Moby, still managing to keep him asleep! It was a great flight, layover and all, we made it to Seattle with no problems and a happy baby! Praise.Mr. Cozy
His first set of wings!
Hello Oma!!
One of my favorites from the trip.
Somehow, all this time, I never realized Oma's middle name was Eleanor. Louise Eleanor Teal Loof, now Barker. I've always loved that name... and it means even more now. Just saying ;)Anyways, we spent lots of time over breakfasts, lunches, desserts, just talking and taking many pictures! We went to Whidbey Island, where Mom grew up, drove over Deception Pass, picked up driftwood on the beach, saw the house mom grew up in and Oma and Poppi's old house, and went to lunch with Grandma and Aunt Renata. Later that week we also went to Uncle Jeff and Aunt Debs for a night and then went to Puyallup to Uncle Roy and Aunt Monica's. [Our family is HUGE] Grammy and Grandpa, Aunt Joelle and the kids, and Uncle Rick and Aunt Lisa were all there too to celebrate Aunt Monica's birthday. We had an amazing time and spent the night there too. It had been way too long since we had seen them all! Eli was in heaven with so many young faces to smile at. He did such an amazing job with traveling here and there. It was so hard to leave all the family, it always is. I turn into an emotional wreck, but it's hard to leave when we all used to live so much closer. Visits are always special though.
We headed back to Oma's for another two nights and just spent time together. We took out all of her old albums and looked through so many old pictures. Seeing all of Oma's old things sparked an itch to shop in both of us. One afternoon Zach and I snuck away to an antique shop one day and found some really great finds. Some old cameras, a couple glasses, a milk glass vase, a vintage Barnums Animal Cracker sign, and four small frames. [I can't wait to decorate more in a new, roomy place.]
During our trip we also celebrated our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY. In some ways I can, and in other's I can't believe it's been a year. When I look at Eli, of course it feels like a year; he's almost three months old. But when I think about our year and the fun we've had, it's flown by! We thought about going out while we were in Washington, but decided to wait until we got home. So one day soon we'll do dinner or something together. I'm blessed with such a sweet husband that is an amazingly loving father too. It couldn't have been a better year!
xoxo






Comments
Post a Comment