Glimpses of lately...
We are so incredibly close to crawling around here.
He'll get up on all fours and try to figure out how in the world to move. It's so exciting.
Poor baby finally has gotten over his nasty cold.
However.
Since then, he has been getting up in the night to eat again.
AND.
For the last three nights, has had some awake hours in the night. For example:
Last night, Eli woke up at 2am. Ate, acted sleepy, then out of no where looked as awake as day! There was no getting him back to sleep. We spent TWO AND A HALF HOURS watching I love Lucy, playing with toys, and walking around before this little booger went to sleep. This all took place from 2-4:30 am.
I am one tired mama.
Pray this is just a phase; a short one!
In other news:
Mom & Ben are here and it has been so great! I can't believe it's already almost been two weeks.
Eli sat in a public highchair for the first time at Steak and Shake. It was a big deal!! It meant that Mom and Dad got to eat their meal with two hands. Wowza. It was awesome.
He also rode in a cart at Walmart for..... about 5 minutes. It was a good first try.
We spent a day at the flea market, and that was an experience. I loved it though. Of course, the animal lover in me couldn't pull myself away from the puppies and baby pigs. Eli was amused as well.
We have started various baby foods. I took one afternoon and made lots of veggies. I cooked and froze, butternut squash, carrots, green beans, and also sliced and froze avocado and bananas. So far he's a huge fan of bananas and carrots. We're taking it slow.
He has started this high pitch squeal when he is unhappy and I have to say, it's not really my favorite. Maybe it'll phase out with his recent case of insomnia :)
I started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It's kicking my butt, in a really good way!
Eli has mastered blowing bubbles with his lips and makes us laugh all day long.
His favorite things right now are taking baths & splashing like crazy, chewing on his tummy time mat, playing in his WonderBug, standing up, bouncing of all types, trying to hold his bottle, going to Dad's football games, and peek a boo. I think we have a Mr. Personality on our hands.
xo


Comments
Post a Comment