Thursday.
Today someone asked me, "So, uhh.... what do you do all day?"
Hmm... well I watch my soaps, tan, go shopping, then around noon I usually go for tea with my girlfriends, hold my baby for a minute, and drop off my Chihuahua for her teeth cleaning after picking up dinner... Really??
I know, I know, she didn't mean it in a condescending way by any means. But I have a five month old baby! He demands my attention every minute of every day.
Actually, today was one of those days that I wish I could have documented through pictures. It would have been a whirlwind of a slideshow...
We woke up- He actually slept in until 10am??? WHAT? I thought I was dreaming when I looked at the clock. That was about the most peaceful and un-chaotic part of my day.
We ate, bathed, ate baby food, got changed for the day, and had to drive to Zach's work, long story short, something I had to mail today was in his car. (miscommunication) Eli screamed until we pulled up to the driveway, and as I parked he fell asleep. Positive outlook = it was nice to see Zach and I was able to bring the lunch he forgot at home. Double positive. Eli also slept all the way to the next stop.
The church.
I had to get a couple forms notarized for teens.
Next stop... the post office.
Eli screamed the whole way until I took him out of his seat, he ate a bottle in the front seat with me, while I called Zach for the address I was mailing the forms to. We went inside to mail the papers and the lady who worked the counter "ooh-ed and ahh-ed" over Eli and then reached her hands out for him!! Well, she was really old and sweet at least, but it was still really unexpected. "Why hello stranger, can I hold your baby?" Hey, people are only this friendly in the South right? I handed him over the counter, wishing I could apologize to him first and give her hand sanitizer, but he loved her. He smiled big like they were long time friends. Maybe I should have asked her to ride home with us...
We were finally headed home.
I belted out the National Anthem, this time with obnoxious clapping and hand waving (he can see me in his mirror from the back seat) and it worked this time. Thankfully I didn't have to regret my decision of not inviting post office lady to come for a ride with us. However, I'm going to be known as the crazy lady in the red car around this town before too long with all my charismatic singing that goes along with a happy baby.
After we got home, there was practice-crawling, gagging on fingers, throwing up from gagging, another bath, a long rocking to sleep process, fixing dinner, and then my husband came home.
I cut a friend's hair in the evening and here I am...
Awake... (like I said, we slept until 10!)
But my house is clean and picked up and the boys are sound asleep in bed.
xo
Hmm... well I watch my soaps, tan, go shopping, then around noon I usually go for tea with my girlfriends, hold my baby for a minute, and drop off my Chihuahua for her teeth cleaning after picking up dinner... Really??
I know, I know, she didn't mean it in a condescending way by any means. But I have a five month old baby! He demands my attention every minute of every day.
Actually, today was one of those days that I wish I could have documented through pictures. It would have been a whirlwind of a slideshow...
We woke up- He actually slept in until 10am??? WHAT? I thought I was dreaming when I looked at the clock. That was about the most peaceful and un-chaotic part of my day.
We ate, bathed, ate baby food, got changed for the day, and had to drive to Zach's work, long story short, something I had to mail today was in his car. (miscommunication) Eli screamed until we pulled up to the driveway, and as I parked he fell asleep. Positive outlook = it was nice to see Zach and I was able to bring the lunch he forgot at home. Double positive. Eli also slept all the way to the next stop.
The church.
I had to get a couple forms notarized for teens.
Next stop... the post office.
Eli screamed the whole way until I took him out of his seat, he ate a bottle in the front seat with me, while I called Zach for the address I was mailing the forms to. We went inside to mail the papers and the lady who worked the counter "ooh-ed and ahh-ed" over Eli and then reached her hands out for him!! Well, she was really old and sweet at least, but it was still really unexpected. "Why hello stranger, can I hold your baby?" Hey, people are only this friendly in the South right? I handed him over the counter, wishing I could apologize to him first and give her hand sanitizer, but he loved her. He smiled big like they were long time friends. Maybe I should have asked her to ride home with us...
We were finally headed home.
I belted out the National Anthem, this time with obnoxious clapping and hand waving (he can see me in his mirror from the back seat) and it worked this time. Thankfully I didn't have to regret my decision of not inviting post office lady to come for a ride with us. However, I'm going to be known as the crazy lady in the red car around this town before too long with all my charismatic singing that goes along with a happy baby.
After we got home, there was practice-crawling, gagging on fingers, throwing up from gagging, another bath, a long rocking to sleep process, fixing dinner, and then my husband came home.
I cut a friend's hair in the evening and here I am...
Awake... (like I said, we slept until 10!)
But my house is clean and picked up and the boys are sound asleep in bed.
Somehow the days are never the same. There's always something unexpected, something always goes wrong, yet somehow something always goes unexpectedly right too. God's grace is sufficient everyday. I am so blessed to have days like this one with Eli :)
xo

Comments
Post a Comment