I lost my pockets.

The dishwasher needs to be emptied, there are clothes in the dryer that have been there for two days, my left sleeve is covered in baby formula, my carpet is begging to be vacuumed, and the trash really needs to be taken out. Eli just went down for a nap and sometimes my world seems to be spinning around and around. I really don't feel at my whits end, or like I'm going crazy or anything (at least today I don't) but sometimes I just finally sit here, in quiet, and think Wow! The days can seem so long, yet the weeks go by so quickly. Yesterday was actually one of those "I feel crazy" days. I got thrown up on twice and Eli only slept once. I didn't get to brush my teeth until noon and was still in my giant t-shirt and underwear when Zach got home at 2:00. It was that crazy.

Maybe this has something to do with it... Last week, on Thursday (8/25), Eli found his feet! He looked at them like I would look at my feet if they began producing money like an ATM machine. He was that amazed. Then on Sunday (8/28) a teeny tiny tooth began coming through his gums. That sucker is sharp!! It really didn't seem to bother him at all, and just continued to drool and chew away. But that second bottom tooth came in on Monday (8/29) and we all knew it. He was cranky, had a hard time eating, and was just not in a good mood whatsoever. Tuesday, Mr. Man learned to put his toes in his mouth... So here I have a little dangerous piranha putting his own soft little toes in the way of his sharp new teeth! He has made himself cry on multiple occasions. He despises Oragel, but thankfully now loves his teething rings. We're learning to sit up slowly around here. He sat up for a while the other day (8/30) with the assistance of the Boppi pillow. -But now, this means that laying down isn't nearly as fun. Eli prefers standing or sitting... both of which need lots of help! Needless to say it's been a zoo.

So back to yesterday, when my superhero husband got home and I was able to take a shower and put some clothing on, I threw spaghetti together, dried my hair with the blow dryer for the first time in a week and a half, and we headed to church. He really did save the day. We went over to Dirk and Amanda's afterwards and I played around with her hair some, Zach and Eli napped, and we headed home. At this time I tried to put something in the pocket of my sweatpant capris... and it had disappeared. My pockets were gone, wait... what? I swear this dumb pants had pockets last week. I just stopped and began laughing to the point of nearly peeing. "Zach, I have worn my pants INSIDE OUT ALL AFTERNOON LONG. TO CHURCH AND ALL." Oh, what a day. It was the comic relief I needed on a day like that one. We got to bed and here we are. Facing another day once again.

 Sitting up!
 Isn't that the truth!? Love this!

There are so many things to be done, but ya know what? There will always be things that need attention. My little man is happy and napping. That's the most important thing right. So yeah, there's spit up on my shoulder, my hair is a hot mess, but I'll get to that. Today, blogging was more important. :)

Oh and I have a plan to make this. Really big, where we all see it everyday. It will be our family anthem :)

xo

Comments

Popular Posts