the weekend.
This weekend was full of football, family, and our favorite teenagers.
It really couldn't have been better.
Sunday we went to church, and then afterwards Eli went with DeeDee and Papa D and I went out to lunch with the girls and Zach and all the guys went to our house to play video games.
Those girls warm my heart. They really do.
I can't explain the way we love all the teens in our group. I know we're not their parents, not their caretakers or just their friends, but it's different. We have been given the opportunity and responsibility of being their spiritual mentors, and their leaders. We are getting to know them from the inside, hearing their hearts and their utmost desires. I pray daily that our hearts will continue to grow to hold and hear all of their burdens. I lay in bed at night thinking about each one of them. Their relationships, their parents or lack their of, their friends, teachers, and schools... the list goes on and on.
They make me feel at home.
I'm know I'm right where I am supposed to be.
We went back to church at night and finished chapter two in our book Radical. Then we all went to Chill. It's a frozen yogurt shop here that is very similar to my first love, Sweet Cece's. I have to say it was very good! They all loved on Eli and we just visited until we had to go home.
It was a great weekend.
Happy Monday!
It really couldn't have been better.
okay, it could have if mom, dad, and Ben lived here too, duh.
Those girls warm my heart. They really do.
I can't explain the way we love all the teens in our group. I know we're not their parents, not their caretakers or just their friends, but it's different. We have been given the opportunity and responsibility of being their spiritual mentors, and their leaders. We are getting to know them from the inside, hearing their hearts and their utmost desires. I pray daily that our hearts will continue to grow to hold and hear all of their burdens. I lay in bed at night thinking about each one of them. Their relationships, their parents or lack their of, their friends, teachers, and schools... the list goes on and on.
They make me feel at home.
I'm know I'm right where I am supposed to be.
We went back to church at night and finished chapter two in our book Radical. Then we all went to Chill. It's a frozen yogurt shop here that is very similar to my first love, Sweet Cece's. I have to say it was very good! They all loved on Eli and we just visited until we had to go home.
It was a great weekend.
Happy Monday!

Comments
Post a Comment