Creation!
Last night we went over to our good friends, Blake and Lindsey's house. We had such a good time; they fixed a great dinner, we played games, Apples to Apples and Scrabble, and just talked, for hours. They always make me feel so sane... We are able to completely relax in good company. Zach and I say they are our "us" couple, we just get along so well. They are also the ones who adopted our bunny we had, Norman, and he is their bunny's girlfriend. They happen to be pregnant too :) Anyways, as you know, I have been wanting to know how to crochet and Lindsey showed us a few tricks. Low and behold I was successful today! I made a little beanie for Eli! I am getting ready to make a hat for myself too! It's so much fun. It's been a good day to crochet because I got up early this morning for my long dreaded test...
The Glucose Test. They do it on every pregnant woman between 26-28 weeks to test for Gestational Diabetes. Today, I am 28 weeks, can you tell I really wasn't looking forward to it? I get incredibly nervous about nearly every appointment and driving near the hospital alone makes my stomach turn. I'm not really sure why, I just don't like medical stuff. Just thinking about Eli's shots and things he'll eventually have makes me feel sick and he's not even here yet! It's so silly, but something I can't really help. It's gotten much better since I go to the doctor so often, especially since I know what to expect when I go, but the Glucose Test; a whole new ballgame. So we got up early and headed right to the lab since I wasn't supposed to eat or drink before going. They checked me in and sent us to this little room. They gave me a little bottle of "Glucose Drink," which I had five minutes to get down. The first sip, I thought was great. But then the rest made me shudder. It was like a thick, non-carbonated Sprite. Blek. But I got it down and then we had to let it do it's thing for an hour. We just watched part of a movie on the Ipad. It was actually kind of fun. I'm so thankful for a husband that is so incredibly supportive. He is sweet and didn't even think twice about coming with me. They called me in to take my blood and the lady was awesome; pain free! I was very impressed and relieved it was over so quickly! All that worry for the last two weeks for nothing. I need to learn from times like this! Our results will be back in the next week, but I'm not too worried. It's pretty uncommon so just pray for all good results!
In other news, my body has become a portable heater. I am HOT all. the. time. Not just warm, but sweating, overheated, and just hot! If you've ever seen Father of the Bride 2, you'll recognize this scene:
It's really funny that the once hot natured Zach seems cold all the time when he's around me; the car, apartment, and wherever we go. I now know how he has always felt! :) Thank the Lord it's winter!
Also, my current craving is MILK! I have Strawberry and Chocolate Nesquik on my shelf for a treat. (which I haven't liked since I was little, but sure is delicious now) I love my milk plain too. It is just wonderful.
Here's my creation for Eli:
Have a great Friday Night :)


Comments
Post a Comment