It's that time of year, so, as tradition has it, I decided to set a couple goals.
#1 Study study studyyyyyy for my State Board exam. Become licensed.
#2 Become a Coupon Queen. http://www.southernsavers.com/ will be my new best friend.
#3 Send Birthday cards religiously. This will be a tough one, but I'll succeed.
#4 After our Eli is born, become the sexiest mom of 2012. That's serious. I'll have rockin' abs this time next year. Fingers crossed :)
#5 Learn to sew more... maybe efficiently? I want to learn to hem pants, make blankets, maybe an article of clothing or two, and crochet. First, I'll need a sewing machine. That's 2 goals in one.
2011, I'm so excited for you!
Oh yes, I have a side story. Probably the last funny story of 2010 for us. So my sweet husband and I were driving back home from Mobile, we had eaten lunch at Chick-Fil-A and were back on the road. I was driving and noticed my seat... It was all wet! I didn't know what in the world could have caused this, but my fear kicked in. Umm... Zach! My seat is soaked!! His eyes turned to saucers in .02 seconds and he yelped, WHAT?? His fear, obviously being the same as mine, led me to feel everywhere. Yep, all wet. I couldn't decipher whether the water came from me, or if I was losing my mind and I had forgotten about a drastic spill... Surely I wasn't crazy. I began to think in rewind mode, MY CHICK-FIL-A WATER CUP! Check it and see if there is a hole in the bottom! He dug through our trash bag and found the cup. It had a small crack in the bottom, which was our best news all day. Apparently it leaked slow enough for me not to notice until way later- how weird. The state of emergency was over and our fear turned into complete hysterical laughing as we realized how ridiculous the moment had been. I like to call those Lucy-moments (I Love Lucy). Oh the joys of future parenthood. We don't have a clue what we're doing. But we don't know what we're doing TOGETHER and that's what makes it all worth it. Right now, it's together, me and Zach, and soon it will be together with Eli too! And that is what it's all about!
#2 Become a Coupon Queen. http://www.southernsavers.com/ will be my new best friend.
#3 Send Birthday cards religiously. This will be a tough one, but I'll succeed.
#4 After our Eli is born, become the sexiest mom of 2012. That's serious. I'll have rockin' abs this time next year. Fingers crossed :)
#5 Learn to sew more... maybe efficiently? I want to learn to hem pants, make blankets, maybe an article of clothing or two, and crochet. First, I'll need a sewing machine. That's 2 goals in one.
2011, I'm so excited for you!
Oh yes, I have a side story. Probably the last funny story of 2010 for us. So my sweet husband and I were driving back home from Mobile, we had eaten lunch at Chick-Fil-A and were back on the road. I was driving and noticed my seat... It was all wet! I didn't know what in the world could have caused this, but my fear kicked in. Umm... Zach! My seat is soaked!! His eyes turned to saucers in .02 seconds and he yelped, WHAT?? His fear, obviously being the same as mine, led me to feel everywhere. Yep, all wet. I couldn't decipher whether the water came from me, or if I was losing my mind and I had forgotten about a drastic spill... Surely I wasn't crazy. I began to think in rewind mode, MY CHICK-FIL-A WATER CUP! Check it and see if there is a hole in the bottom! He dug through our trash bag and found the cup. It had a small crack in the bottom, which was our best news all day. Apparently it leaked slow enough for me not to notice until way later- how weird. The state of emergency was over and our fear turned into complete hysterical laughing as we realized how ridiculous the moment had been. I like to call those Lucy-moments (I Love Lucy). Oh the joys of future parenthood. We don't have a clue what we're doing. But we don't know what we're doing TOGETHER and that's what makes it all worth it. Right now, it's together, me and Zach, and soon it will be together with Eli too! And that is what it's all about!

Comments
Post a Comment