Cupcake world!

It feels like it's been a long time since I've written, but at the same time this week has flown by! So lets just stumble around through my thoughts...


I cleaned through my wallet this week. I found an old gift card for Old Navy and called customer service for it's remaining balance. I had just enough for a cute, online, summer purchase for Eli. It's a necessity for my future little beach/pool bum. No worries, I'll SPF 50 + shade him to death :) But he'll still be stylin'. Oh, and the swim trunks say "Ahoy Ladies," it doesn't get better, right?

He has been so incredibly active, and my stomach has been feeling it. It's amazing how much strength he has when he only weighs around 4 lbs! He morphs my stomach nearly every night. It's amazing!! The hiccups have taken over too. Several times a week as I am about to fall asleep, there is a big jolt! It happens every couple of seconds. (Babies hiccup so fast!) It is so sweet. I can just picture his belly and chest moving up and down. It keeps me awake, but it's so amazing at the same time.

The apartment has turned into a little bakery... no pun intended. We've really made and consumed too many cupcakes in the last month. We have both been crazy about dessert lately! It's terrible, but oh so good. We try to make it up with lots of water and descent meals. But common' we all know a little dessert every now and then is good for the soul :)

I've really been feeling like the most enormous creature on earth lately. (I mean, who wouldn't after all those cupcakes.) Some days it gets to me more than others. I see pictures of myself pre-belly and it looks so strange. Like, what in the world, where's that big belly? Be thankful for what you have while you have it! Maybe I should be more thankful for this firm baby belly... who knows what it's going to look like afterwards. (Think positive Allyson, think positive.) You'll see my tush on the treadmill and walking in the park after Eli is here! I saw this on one of my pregnancy updates this week. I think it's fitting: 


We had an ultrasound today! From now on I have two every week! TWO. I'll be going to the "blood doctor" for these visits. Since I am considered "high risk" they monitor everything a lot more closely. The appointments are every Monday and Thursday and to add a little more driving to the mix I also have an appointment twice a month with Miss Frizzle! I'll be all doctored out by the time he's here. 

Today they said everything looked great. We watched his diaphragm expand as his small chest did 'practice breathing.' Their bodies prepare for breathing while in the womb by breathing in and out fluid. It's so incredible to watch his body function even though it is so small. And some people claim that life only begins at birth?! I can't imagine how those people can honestly believe that, especially if they have ever seen an ultrasound. Mr. Eli is definitely alive and well right where he's at! 

At the blood doctor we talked to one of the doctors on the team. (My doctors are teamed together, so Ms. Frizzle + the Blood doctors make all their decisions together since they each have different expertise.) The blood doctor said if we continue on the track we're on right now, I'll be induced at 38 weeks! That would be April 8th!! Now... only time will tell if Eli decides to have a mind of his own, or if my body isn't patient enough, but hopefully that will be the weekend. Only time will tell. 

xxoo

Comments

Popular Posts