Glucose tests? Yuck.
Another Dr. appointment today, nothing new, and for the first time I actually added my pounds and everything together. I realized I am right on track for weight gain. I have been trying not to fret about weight in general, but weighing in is never fun. However, I lost two pounds this week, who knows how, but it puts me right at 25lbs gained. I gained my weight early on, but now everything is evening out. Ms. Frizzle says it looks fabulous. With 9 weeks left to go, if I stay on track, I should remain under 35 lbs gained. Plus, he'll be here early! That would be ideal.
Thursday I am going back for my second trial at my three hour Glucose test. Here's the story:
I failed my first Glucose test for Gestational Diabetes, which is fairly common. I failed by 15 points, which my doctor said happens all the time, but it meant I had to reschedule another test. Only this time, I had to go in for the 3hour test. I had to fast from 10:00pm or so and went into the lab around 8:30am. They drew my blood right when I got there. The plan was: blood draw, drink the nasty drink, wait one hour, blood draw, wait another hour, blood draw wait yet ANOTHER hour, and a final blood draw. Lovely, right? So I sat with my nasty drink and got it all down, but 20 minutes passed and I was running for the bathroom. I lost my stomach, drink and all and had to go back home. They told me I had to come back another day and try again.
So here I am... procrastination in full effect. I HAVE to go this Thursday. I don'tttt wanttttt tooooo. But I'll put my big girl pants on and go. I feel like blogging about it holds me accountable. So I'll tell you how it goes. What happened to the old idea I had of pregnancy? The one where pregnant ladies are happy as clams and eat pickles and ice cream all day? Ohhh welll. This will all be well worth it! Say a little prayer for me on Thursday!
Off topic: I made a paper chain last week. We take off one chain every day we get closer to Eli's due date. We know he'll be here before then, but we have it all the way up to April 22nd. Guess how many chains there are? 66!! Less than 66 days and we are so excited :)
Thursday I am going back for my second trial at my three hour Glucose test. Here's the story:
I failed my first Glucose test for Gestational Diabetes, which is fairly common. I failed by 15 points, which my doctor said happens all the time, but it meant I had to reschedule another test. Only this time, I had to go in for the 3hour test. I had to fast from 10:00pm or so and went into the lab around 8:30am. They drew my blood right when I got there. The plan was: blood draw, drink the nasty drink, wait one hour, blood draw, wait another hour, blood draw wait yet ANOTHER hour, and a final blood draw. Lovely, right? So I sat with my nasty drink and got it all down, but 20 minutes passed and I was running for the bathroom. I lost my stomach, drink and all and had to go back home. They told me I had to come back another day and try again.
So here I am... procrastination in full effect. I HAVE to go this Thursday. I don'tttt wanttttt tooooo. But I'll put my big girl pants on and go. I feel like blogging about it holds me accountable. So I'll tell you how it goes. What happened to the old idea I had of pregnancy? The one where pregnant ladies are happy as clams and eat pickles and ice cream all day? Ohhh welll. This will all be well worth it! Say a little prayer for me on Thursday!
Off topic: I made a paper chain last week. We take off one chain every day we get closer to Eli's due date. We know he'll be here before then, but we have it all the way up to April 22nd. Guess how many chains there are? 66!! Less than 66 days and we are so excited :)


Comments
Post a Comment