I have a dream...
That one day all figures will be created equal. No, not really.
But I really did have this dream two nights ago that I was packing my big-go-into-labor-hospital-bag. I was including a ton of pre-pregnant clothes- including my favorite jeans.
I had Eli and everything (thankfully those details weren't included in the dream) and the next morning I hopped right out of bed and my favorite jeans slipped right on and were actually too big. Did I mention this was a dream!? I had a beautifully flat tummy and was in wonderful shock. Then... I woke up.
Why am I dreaming about my stomach, maybe because it's all I can see anymore. My feet and everything else are gone from my sight for now, that is unless I try really hard. Anyways, I started thinking about it and I hadn't really thought too much about the fact that I won't have this big ole belly forever. It will actually go away, not overnight like I'd wish, but eventually. I've gotten nervous at times thinking about being back in the swing of things once Eli's born when Zach is at work and I'm all alone. I picture myself tired and uncomfortable, unable to reach my toes, but then I remember, I won't be pregnant! My stomach won't be the star of the show, but Eli will. Thank the Lord.
But I really did have this dream two nights ago that I was packing my big-go-into-labor-hospital-bag. I was including a ton of pre-pregnant clothes- including my favorite jeans.
I had Eli and everything (thankfully those details weren't included in the dream) and the next morning I hopped right out of bed and my favorite jeans slipped right on and were actually too big. Did I mention this was a dream!? I had a beautifully flat tummy and was in wonderful shock. Then... I woke up.
Why am I dreaming about my stomach, maybe because it's all I can see anymore. My feet and everything else are gone from my sight for now, that is unless I try really hard. Anyways, I started thinking about it and I hadn't really thought too much about the fact that I won't have this big ole belly forever. It will actually go away, not overnight like I'd wish, but eventually. I've gotten nervous at times thinking about being back in the swing of things once Eli's born when Zach is at work and I'm all alone. I picture myself tired and uncomfortable, unable to reach my toes, but then I remember, I won't be pregnant! My stomach won't be the star of the show, but Eli will. Thank the Lord.
Here's to epiphanies!
Sometimes they make the day all better.


Comments
Post a Comment