Flu season? Nahhh.

I don't know what's gotten into me, but lately I have been  so concerned with germs. I haven't turned into a Germaphobe or anything, so don't worry too much, but I think I have just become more aware of germs lately. I'm sure partial credit is due to the fact that I do not want to experience any illness! I puked enough in the beginning of this pregnancy to last me a good four years.

Anyways, I have started being "that girl" stops at the Clorox wipe stations that Kroger sets up by the carts. It allows you to wipe down the handle before having to touch it and I'm not the least bit ashamed. What a great idea! It makes me feel so much better about the last 10,000 hands that have touched it. There is also usually hand sanitizer by the register that I use after putting my pin number in the credit card machine. Excessive? No, just cautious :) So that's my grocery store routine, but what about at home? I've always heard the kitchen sink is the dirtiest place in your home! Even dirtier than the bathroom! So I did a little research and it's true! Gross, right? My favorite tips I found were here from WebMD. They suggest microwaving your sponge for two minutes to kill the germs. Well that's just genius and I bet you wouldn't have ever guessed, but I have freshly microwaved sponges! 

Not to make anyone any more paranoid than I probably already have or anything, but I have always had a bad feeling about elevator buttons, especially at hospitals. My mom used to laugh at me when I would push the buttons with my elbows because let's face it, I look like a lunatic. But look what I read in an article by David Derbshire, "A typical elevator button harbors nearly 40 times as many germs as a public toilet seat, scientists have found." That's awful. By the way, If there are ever strangers in the elevator with me, I just use my knuckle and then use hand sanitizer after I'm out, hah!

With all that said, Eli and I have not even had the slightest cold since I've been pregnant! (KNOCK ON WOOD) That's a record. Maybe it's my flu shot, but maybe, just maybe it's all the hand washing and elbow usage :) 
Hope you enjoyed the 411! 

Comments

Popular Posts