Friday nights and such...

We just got done making our BELLY BOWL.

A belly bowl? Yeah it sounds kinda weird, but the more I heard about it, the more I loved the idea. A lot of people do "belly casts" but that involves casting the girls and all... and mmh, no, I just wasn't for all that. We just embraced the belly. We'll probably put it in Eli's room until he's older and thinks it's creepy, then we can just use it for decor, cause let's face it, it looks pretty awesome. We're still going to sand it, paint it, and everything, but we will make that happen later. So that's how we've spent our Friday night :)

 Not the most attractive angle... but just waiting on the cast to dry!
The lovely sculpter himself!
 The unfinished bowl
...and again. 

Here are a couple of my favorites that other people posted from the website we purchased the kit from :


The last couple of days have been great despite the fact that I've still been uncomfortable. Our friends Blake and Lindsey brought me dinner one night while Zach was at work, which was so sweet of them! Mom and Dad were over just hanging out the other day, and Mom has been over several times just to watch t.v. and hang out with me. It's been so nice to have her around since she's finally done working. Heather came over today and spent a good portion of the day, eating lunch and watching movies. And then friends visiting from out of town stopped in to see us too! I've been living what seems to be a hippie life, no hair done, no makeup, and all sweats and t-shirts, since it all takes way to long and I just don't feel like it, but I am still just trying to embrace these last weeks.... (maybe days!) before he comes to join us. I can't help but feel unbelievably excited when I think about how close it all is!! I'm ready for the next chapter to this journey to be here.

The weekend is here again, and we'll just be.... well here. Happy Weekend!

P.S. Our hospital bag is finally and officially packed. Hooray!

Comments

Popular Posts