three. more. days.

We drove to our GREATLY anticipated Dr. appointment with Miss Frizzle yesterday. We were so excited and really counting on the fact that might be receiving a date. There were three factors that determined whether or not we would get a date. 1) I needed to be dilated some more. 2) Baptist's "labor schedule" needed to be compatible to Dr. Rodier's (Miss Frizzle's). 3) TMFM (the blood doctors) needed to give Dr. Rodier the official "okay" to schedule a date!

So she checked me, 3cm dilated! Then Baptist had an opening on Sunday (the day Dr. Rodier was scheduled to be at the hospital). The blood doctor's said as long as I was 37 weeks along by the delivery date it was approved; On Sunday I'll be 37weeks and 2 days! Hooray!!!!

April 3rd, 2011 it is. Birth Day.

She immediately started filling out a pile of paperwork while asking me a bajillion questions. In a matter of five seconds we had learned we would be seeing our baby boy in four short days... and it just wasn't registering all the way. "Have you ever had any surgeries... You are allergic to... " etc and I started sweating profusely. "THIS Sunday right?...... Wow, like... in four days?? I'm so NERVOUS" We started shrieking with excitement. Zach jumped up (it took him a minute too)... but then he couldn't contain himself. He's been saying he wishes Eli would come today for weeks now.

She started explaining the game plan... Friday night, stop Heparin (shots) and vitamins. Saturday night, stop eating by 11pm. Sunday, arrive at Baptist Hospital at 5am. We will be admitted and the nurses will start my IV and ask me a million more questions. They will then start the Pitocin and she will be up sometime after that to break my water. All these terms and details made me feel like I was going to hurl but at the same time it was like a five year old's Christmas morning in my stomach. It all started feeling so real, and honestly, terrifying. I don't think I've ever felt so many emotions at once, but excitement definitely took the lead. We asked all our questions and finished the appointment, cancelled our appointments we had previously scheduled for next week, and were on our way.

We giggled like little kids all the way down the elevator and called our Moms, who too, were beside themselves. We are so blessed to have an amazing support system. I can't express how sweet it is to see all our friends and family ecstatic and full of faith that we are strong enough for all of this. I have no doubt there will be many needed prayers lifted on our behalf on Sunday. My daily reminder: Women all around the world have babies all day everyday. I can do this, it actually IS possible. 


It's funny to think about. I told Zach I feel like I keep having reminding myself he actually won't be in my belly anymore after Sunday. When we see him in the ultrasounds, he's just so content in there, it seems like he'll never leave. Birth is such an amazing, and miraculous thing, that I think it's nearly impossible to wrap your mind around the actual event if you haven't ever experienced it before. I think I just kind of feel like the hospital is going to give me a baby and I'll take the baby home, but still have the kicks and movement in my belly. Hah! Thankfully the Lord has designed it all differently than that; perfectly! I can't wait to have him in my arms!!!

We are so excited and just praying that Eli stays just where he is until Sunday. Every day it seems he is a little more determined to get here. I am laying down as much as possible to keep the pain as minimal as possible and to try to keep from having as many contractions. Three more days. Crazy! I'm sure I'll be writing one more time before he arrives.

Oh, and today, these are my two favorite things:
 These precious eensie weensie diapers that are in our diaper caddy by the couch. They have Sesame Street babies on them, but I know next week I won't find them as cute when they're poop-filled. But  today, they're really adorable.

and our incredibly short countdown chain!!

Just wait... this blog is getting ready to turn into pictures galore.

Comments

Popular Posts