It was the week for a Cookie Dough Eggroll.
On St. Patrick's Day the weather was absolutely perfect! It was very warm and even more windy! We decided to go to the park after Zach's classes like we used to always do. We haven't done a park-day since I have added a watermelon to my figure, so it was much a different experience. I didn't even think about it before we got there, but we laid out our blanket and I plopped down. Sitting up was incredibly uncomfortable, but laying down I just looked like a beached whale stuck in the middle of Centennial Park. I simply needed a chair. We enjoyed the weather, took a few pictures, and packed it back up to go spend time in Border's across the street. We laughed so hard numerous times, it really was so much fun. We both perused through the magazine section and sat in the cafe section to read. (It's our tradition.) Magazines are like $5.00 each - crazy! So when we do this, we get to look at all of them for free. That's what the cafe section is for, right? ...the pregnant newlyweds :)
Later on we went to dinner at Jackson's with our friend Jordan. (Jackson's is the home of the Fried Cookie Dough Eggroll, aka, the best dessert you'll ever eat, ever) It was just fun to spend a day out and about in the great weather and most of all to spend it together. It was really refreshing.
(I googled this image, but this is when it looks like when you're almost done. Mmmm)
Baby Update: As of Yesterday, we're 35 weeks. That means 38 weeks is three weeks away. Not this week, but next week, we'll be saying next week! Holy Moly! I am so ready! We continue to see fat rolls when he reaches for his toes in his ultrasounds. Speaking of toes, he is determined to suck on them. He also continues to get intense hiccups every couple of days, which are cute, but they are so strong you can see my whole belly twitch; so I definitely prefer him to have hiccups during the day. I have been a sucker for sweets and really craving watermelon! My heartburn was at a whole new level last night, I had to take medicine for it, which I've only done one other time. But then I got some wonderful, heartburn-free sleep! Overall things are going really well. I have six more ultrasounds scheduled and two more appointments with Dr. Rodier. It blows me away how close we are.
I almost always have my radio set to one of the three local Christian stations. I often times have those moments where I am just talking to God and I'll realize in the background that the song is intended for me. This week I had one of those moments, no doubt. "I'm Letting Go" By: Francesca Battistelli came on. It's a beautiful, upbeat song and when I needed it most, it made my heart smile.
My heart beats, standing on the edge
But my feet have finally left the ledge
But my feet have finally left the ledge
Like an acrobat
There’s no turning back
There’s no turning back
I’m letting go
Of the life I planned for me
And my dreams
Losing control
Of my destiny
Feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe
So I’m letting go
Of the life I planned for me
And my dreams
Losing control
Of my destiny
Feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe
So I’m letting go
This is a giant leap of faith
Trusting and trying to embrace
Trusting and trying to embrace
The fear of the unknown
Beyond my comfort zone
Beyond my comfort zone
I’m letting go
Of the life I planned for me
And my dreams
Losing control
Of my destiny
Feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe
So I’m letting go
Of the life I planned for me
And my dreams
Losing control
Of my destiny
Feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe
So I’m letting go
Giving in to your gravity
Knowing You are holding me
I’m not afraid
Knowing You are holding me
I’m not afraid
Feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe
Feels like I’m falling and this is the life for me
Feels like I’m falling and this is the life for me


This is too funny! I went to jacksons on st pattys day for dinner and had a cookie dough egg roll too! I also made homemade cookies the other night just for the raw cookie dough lol
ReplyDelete