Layin' Low
Tonight, Zach and I had plans to do dinner with our friend Michael, but (as I'll explain later) I needed to stay home. I'm glad they're getting "man time" though, especially since it won't belong before our schedules will be even busier, so they're taking advantage of the time they have and catching a movie too. Mom came over after work (her last day!) and brought dinner. Hot dogs from Sonic... I requested it. I have been a ridiculous hot dog fan since I can remember, but these days, I could probably eat them every day. And Sonic... they serve up some pretty tasty conies. So we committed the ultimate oxymoron and ate them while we watched The Biggest Loser. Lovely. Eli put on a little dancing show for his 'Nona' after that; I think he was making a statement about how much he enjoyed dinner. It was a really good night though!
I continue to have dreams about waking up to a perfectly flat belly the day after birth; it's so silly. I also still can't seem to eat enough fruit! We've tried twice to buy a good watermelon, but they're just not good yet. However, a large bag of grapefruit made it's way to our counter yesterday and I have already eaten two! Eli seems to really enjoy them as well. I actually googled "grapefruit for pregnant women" out of curiosity and it said they are very useful in helping to reduce swelling. I haven't experienced much too swelling thus far, other than occasionally late at night in my hands, but it's still good to know.
Things around here have been a little frustrating for me since Sunday. I have been in a lot of pain from pelvic cramping. Of course, I called my doctor and they told me it was all contraction related and I needed to lay down as much as possible and drink, drink, drink water. So here I've been; laying, drinking, and peeing. Sometimes when I do get up it almost feels like he's going to fall out- thankfully it doesn't just happen that way! I had an ultrasound appointment yesterday (which feels like a week ago) and everything looked great, so it was reassuring to know. I go back for another ultrasound on Thursday and again on Monday, then I see Ms. Frizzle on Tuesday. She'll be doing a much more thorough visit at that time and hopefully determining a final inducement date. Part of me wonders if she'll check me and say... uhhh, how about NOW- Because I feel like my body is really getting ready, but if things get any worse before next Tuesday, I'll definitely go in to be checked out. I'm thankful we're so close to the hospital, just incase! Mom and Ben are going to go to my ultrasound on Thursday with me. Ben is really excited to see Eli, and of course Mom is too.
We're supposed to get rain and thunderstorms the next couple of days and I can't help but think that Ms. Frizzle told me she is the absolute busiest when it storms. She said everyone thinks it's a myth, but many more people go into labor at once when the weather is bad... I hope Eli doesn't think the rainy days would be good ones to make an appearance. I'd like to think he's going to be more of a sunshiny-day kinda guy.
So here I'll stay, just soaking up these last couple of weeks! If they take him at 38 weeks... we're 2 weeks away... hopefully! :)
I continue to have dreams about waking up to a perfectly flat belly the day after birth; it's so silly. I also still can't seem to eat enough fruit! We've tried twice to buy a good watermelon, but they're just not good yet. However, a large bag of grapefruit made it's way to our counter yesterday and I have already eaten two! Eli seems to really enjoy them as well. I actually googled "grapefruit for pregnant women" out of curiosity and it said they are very useful in helping to reduce swelling. I haven't experienced much too swelling thus far, other than occasionally late at night in my hands, but it's still good to know.
Things around here have been a little frustrating for me since Sunday. I have been in a lot of pain from pelvic cramping. Of course, I called my doctor and they told me it was all contraction related and I needed to lay down as much as possible and drink, drink, drink water. So here I've been; laying, drinking, and peeing. Sometimes when I do get up it almost feels like he's going to fall out- thankfully it doesn't just happen that way! I had an ultrasound appointment yesterday (which feels like a week ago) and everything looked great, so it was reassuring to know. I go back for another ultrasound on Thursday and again on Monday, then I see Ms. Frizzle on Tuesday. She'll be doing a much more thorough visit at that time and hopefully determining a final inducement date. Part of me wonders if she'll check me and say... uhhh, how about NOW- Because I feel like my body is really getting ready, but if things get any worse before next Tuesday, I'll definitely go in to be checked out. I'm thankful we're so close to the hospital, just incase! Mom and Ben are going to go to my ultrasound on Thursday with me. Ben is really excited to see Eli, and of course Mom is too.
We're supposed to get rain and thunderstorms the next couple of days and I can't help but think that Ms. Frizzle told me she is the absolute busiest when it storms. She said everyone thinks it's a myth, but many more people go into labor at once when the weather is bad... I hope Eli doesn't think the rainy days would be good ones to make an appearance. I'd like to think he's going to be more of a sunshiny-day kinda guy.
So here I'll stay, just soaking up these last couple of weeks! If they take him at 38 weeks... we're 2 weeks away... hopefully! :)

Comments
Post a Comment