This week has been...
Wahhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Let me explain. This is a mixture of excitement, anticipation, motivation, and so much more. The last couple of days have been so difficult for me. This whole "bed rest" thing hasn't been that difficult... until now. Throughout the past several months I have learned to really enjoy alone time. I've learned to enjoy the silence and appreciate the slow-pace. I've also found crafty things to do to keep me occupied; not to mention Scrabble on the Ipad! Here I am now though and I have the most incredible urge to organize, clean, and have our apartment perfect! Yesterday I had already been straightening things up for a little bit and I headed to the sink to do the dishes from the morning. Zach told me I really should come sit down (as I know I should have) and let him do the dishes. But I assured him I was fine and could just do this one last thing and he said, "Ally, really. Think about what the doctor would say." I came to the couch and started to cry. I mean really, who does that? I acted 5 years old for the next few minutes and told him I felt like I was in time out and was so tired of sitting on the couch. (It's actually really funny now to think I cried because I couldn't do the dishes, but I would say nesting is in full swing and the emotions tend to be at an all time high.) All this can mean is that it's getting closer. Along with getting our apartment in tip top shape this week, I have gotten all Eli's clothes folded in his dresser and his sweet little bathing suit arrived too. We, well Zach, shampooed our carpets and I made our "packing list" for the hospital. I hope to pack the hospital bag within the next two weeks just to be safe.
We had three appointments this week! Whew, it's made the week FLY by. At the first ultrasound they said everything looked great, it was a pretty quick appointment. Then Tuesday was a Ms. Frizzle visit and she seemed very surprised as she checked me. "He is LOW," she said. She told me I need to make sure I keep him in for at least another three and a half weeks. I mean, I'm not quite sure what that means since I'm already an obligated couch potato, but I'll do what I can. It made me excited though and I am more ready than ever! Possibly just a few more weeks... "Wahhhhhhh!" (That one is excitement) Our ultrasound we had today was so much fun because we got pictures and saw some things we hadn't seen before. We saw his nose really well and Zach swears it looks exactly like mine. We saw little strands of hair on his head and he puckered his lips way out for us. He turns us into goo. We love him!
33 weeks tomorrow. There are those smoochin' lips!
His foot nearly at his head.
His nose and lips.
This weekend family comes in town!!! Zach's mom, aunt, two cousins, and possibly other aunt and Grandmother are all coming up from Alabama. We have a church shower on Saturday and then a shower that my friends Heather and Kaleigh are throwing me on Sunday after church. I cannot wait! It will be a great change of pace to have more family in town and more people to visit with. We are so looking forward to it. Zach also starts Spring Break tomorrow so I'll get to see lots and lots of him.
Tomorrow we'll take a 33 week belly picture, gracious he's getting big!




Comments
Post a Comment