Showered with love

I'm back! It has been a while, but I've had a busy last weekend and haven't been home this week! It's kind of been like vacation in Nashville. It was definitely an amazing one! Zach's family arrived in town last Friday night. His mom, Nana, two aunts, and three cousins made their way up from Alabama and we couldn't have had more fun. We ate at all of our favorite places, some multiple times, all in a matter of days. Who doesn't call that fun? Then I had two baby showers, one on Saturday afternoon at our church and then another on Sunday after church at my friend, Heather's house. They were both so much fun and we received almost everything from our registries. We definitely feel blessed! We are going to take his carseat with us to the Fire Station with us and have them put it in our car this week. Things seem more ready than ever for Eli to be here. I finished one last load of baby clothes, which by the way is my absolute favorite! It smells so good and the clothes make me melt when I fold them. We've also unpacked all his gifts and found places for most things. I really don't think there's much left to do to prepare for him, other than packing our Hospital bag, which is my goal this upcoming week. It's so exciting.
Taking full advantage of that parking spot. (This belly allows for it now!)
My beautiful cake made by my friend Crystal!
My Mom and Mom-in-law. They're wonderful!
Nana, Amanda, Cynthia, Shelly, and the girls... Emily, Isabelle, and Ashley.
My hostess', Heather and Kaleigh.
And of course Zach too!

Zach has been on Spring Break and I have enjoyed it to the fullest!! It's been so nice to have him here so much during the day. He is of course still working at nights, but I know he has enjoyed sleeping in more this week. We came to my parents on Wednesday night and have stayed here this week since he hasn't had class. It's been nice to have all their company in the evenings while he's at work and tonight we'll all be together for dinner. I love family time and I love being married so much for that reason too because my family has doubled! When Eli arrives there will be even that much more love in one family, I don't know how it's even possible! :)

The latest news is that I've had some pretty realistic dreams recently. I have had multiple dreams about when they hand Eli over to me in the labor & delivery room and I just look at all his sweet features. In each dream I've studied his face and he looks the same in all of them! The thing that stands out the most are his alert, wide eyes! His lips are always moving around. It makes me so much more anxious to see him in a couple weeks. I know he'll be precious and I know my heart is going to grow 10 sizes. Until then, we'll continue to go to all the ultrasounds and see his sweet profile. (At the last ultrasound he gave us a huge yawn!- it was one of my favorite moments yet.) It won't be long before I can see if he looks anything like he does in my dreams!

Comments

Popular Posts