A test run

As I said before, we went to mom and dad's for the Auburn game, which they won, and ended up staying the night again. There was so much SNOW and it's still snowed off and on again. It's beautiful.

Baby update:
I have officially become uncomfortable in nearly every way. Sleeping seems more like a chore than relaxation and it can be uncomfortable to simply sit. I am finding more creative ways to get comfy, but it's definitely different than before. Maybe this is what they mean when they say your body prepares you for birth towards the end. You just want it out! I can see feeling that way in a couple months from now.

So yesterday we slept in, then headed home. I started noticing more intense lower back pain/aches around 1:00 and they started getting even worse in the evening. Zach went to work and by 6:00 or so it had turned into stomach cramping and I was so very uncomfortable. Mom suggested that I go in and I felt like I needed to be seen too. So Zach was able to come home and we got to the Baptist ER around 8:00. They got me right into a room and just monitored us for a while. There weren't any contractions recorded while we were there and Eli's and my vitals seemed great. They really felt like doing too much to find the issue could actually cause more of one, so they told me to rest more than before and stay extremely hydrated to see if the pain gets better. Right around 10 we were able to go. The one advantage to our trip, (of course other than knowing everything was okay) was that we got pre-registered into the system, so when I do go into labor, I won't have to sit at the desk and answer questions. We also got a test run with the parking, medical bracelets, gowns, etc. Before we left, the nurses asked me what I had done that day. I hadn't done a thing, but they said I needed to do even less from now on. So, today I have solely rested.

It is so hard to just sit! But I am making myself, and it's been a pretty good day.

Eli, on the other hand, does not just ever sit. He moves and moves and moves some more. Today I think I actually felt a heel by my ribs. I pressed down as he kicked and it felt so crazy! It was like grabbing a tiny foot, so surreal. So we are doing well. Continue praying!

Comments

  1. If you find out a way of sleeping comfortably without have to switch from side to side b/c your hip is sore let me know... :)

    Other than that I am so glad everything is okay and Baby Eli is doing well!! You reminded me I need to pre register!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just read this & completely empathize with the "chore" of sleeping! a body pillow has helped me quite a bit...my big challenge is rib pain & ending up on my back which makes me want to puke! a friend of mine has worked at baptist for years & she says it is absolutely THE best place to have a baby...smart move getting that pre-registered thing going...not that you planned it that way:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts